4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plas it could be done that fast even by this old fart. However Dan explained that he did not want it down that fast as to not have it all piled up. The Dan likely just wants a safe learning experiance for you. I feel he is smart to take his time especially if it is bid to. I frequently take my time for many reasons some being exposure, some when working with green men or new to me experienced men. The idea of fast being best needs smashed as it truly is not. I have worked and supervised men for over 25 years in this industry without a serious injury and that is what ya got to look at.

I come up against this all the time, drop or climb. I look at it like if you can climb and cut the stuff so it fall clean and close to a good zone to get the chipper in then do it. If you drop a tree and you have to go back and forth on foot to get the stuff to the chipper then I would rather not. All the shards of tree, trying to get the chippable stuff out from under the trunks, having to still " fell" limbs from the fallen tree that are still above your head? If you drop a 100 foot tree then the tips will be 100 feet away. I like to keep thing close like that.
I am not planning to have the Dingo there so pulling 12 inch diameter limbs out of the ground is not going to happen if we just drop the trees. If we were to manage to get one dropped it would not be in the right spot to chip it. Sure, I guess some hack a ma jack would go in there and make a total mess and start tripping over 3 foot dia logs dragging big assed poplar limbs over it. Dropping them towards the house mean I would have to have the chipper allready back there cause the tips would be backwards and I don't want my machine in there when dropping. If we dropped them up the hill we would have to really scale that incline for everything and if anybody were to drop one up that hill I don't think I would be around to help him go up and drag in down. Also we would be landing them in the next yard. I say keep the mess close so far most people have agreed with me over the years on this.
I would say 1 guy bombing while 2 feed the chipper. We should get the big 2 done in one day with the poles set to drop if we can get that much time in on the job per day. We should at least get 6 hours working time in per day. This job is about and hour away from me.
To spur any doubters on my cut is 1250 for having the chipper there for two days.
We will leave poles standing with ropes in them. Plas, said he would just climb back up to set pull ropes. Now that might be a good way to get experiance but we can't be in there screwing around.

I come up against this all the time, drop or climb. I look at it like if you can climb and cut the stuff so it fall clean and close to a good zone to get the chipper in then do it. If you drop a tree and you have to go back and forth on foot to get the stuff to the chipper then I would rather not. All the shards of tree, trying to get the chippable stuff out from under the trunks, having to still " fell" limbs from the fallen tree that are still above your head? If you drop a 100 foot tree then the tips will be 100 feet away. I like to keep thing close like that.
I am not planning to have the Dingo there so pulling 12 inch diameter limbs out of the ground is not going to happen if we just drop the trees. If we were to manage to get one dropped it would not be in the right spot to chip it. Sure, I guess some hack a ma jack would go in there and make a total mess and start tripping over 3 foot dia logs dragging big assed poplar limbs over it. Dropping them towards the house mean I would have to have the chipper allready back there cause the tips would be backwards and I don't want my machine in there when dropping. If we dropped them up the hill we would have to really scale that incline for everything and if anybody were to drop one up that hill I don't think I would be around to help him go up and drag in down. Also we would be landing them in the next yard. I say keep the mess close so far most people have agreed with me over the years on this.
I would say 1 guy bombing while 2 feed the chipper. We should get the big 2 done in one day with the poles set to drop if we can get that much time in on the job per day. We should at least get 6 hours working time in per day. This job is about and hour away from me.
To spur any doubters on my cut is 1250 for having the chipper there for two days.
We will leave poles standing with ropes in them. Plas, said he would just climb back up to set pull ropes. Now that might be a good way to get experiance but we can't be in there screwing around.

Yup no dingo no dropy lol:cheers: I use my grapple truck so a mess is what I want I can grab a bunch in one wack that way. Of course it still needs cut close to the log etc which is a peeve of mine stubs rob space lol. Those tops would be a good load on my truck but if cut proper one load if leaving logs. otherwise 4 loads. If I was to chip it, I would do as you are because I hate tripping and yanking lol

This will be cool, haven't done much tree work with dogs before ;)

move over buzzards the dogs are coming. lol should be a walk in the park, dan said your taking on the big one with the hole. :cheers:

I'd like to get as much experience as I can get but hopefully not at someone else's expense. But hopefully I'll get at least some tree time.

Are we thinking Black Friday and Saturday or the following weekend?

Yea if we simply dropped the trees it would just amount to a huge mess with stuff speared into the ground. And a dropped tree of that size has a lot of stored energy AKA dangerous as hell. Taking them from the sky to the ground has to be the way to go. At least that way we know where all the energy is at all times.

You don't have the slightest clue about what is going on over here and that is easy to see and I am sorry but I am The Dan, you are not. Is there is any subcontract climbers out there that feels the wages are poor?

you are the "dan"....:dizzy: you and your mafia wanna be attitude makes me laugh!

I know whats going on doooode! ive seen your types in this biz many times over! I know one thing!!! those who brag on themselves like you! are all show and no go!!

Plas, in response to what you posted regarding the "airlines" I pay my groundmen very well more than what the "dan" pays his climbers apparently!
plas.... in this field you can be taken advantage of quickly, ive been on that end, get what your worth!!! If what Dan is paying you is good then by all means work, learn & be safe!

Frankly, I read the "dans" posts & his egotistical arrogance annoys me, he`s quick to have others come out and do what he cant & then would call it a learning session! :dizzy: LOL, Im saying the "dan" has a bladder full of hot air which is used as an enviromentally safe means to propell his dingo! :clap:

LXT..................

ive seen your types in this biz many times over! I know one thing!!! those who brag on themselves like you! are all show and no go!!

LXT..................

Really? You...I mean you, just said that... Wow.

you are the "dan"....:dizzy: you and your mafia wanna be attitude makes me laugh!

I know whats going on doooode! ive seen your types in this biz many times over! I know one thing!!! those who brag on themselves like you! are all show and no go!!

Plas, in response to what you posted regarding the "airlines" I pay my groundmen very well more than what the "dan" pays his climbers apparently!
plas.... in this field you can be taken advantage of quickly, ive been on that end, get what your worth!!! If what Dan is paying you is good then by all means work, learn & be safe!

Frankly, I read the "dans" posts & his egotistical arrogance annoys me, he`s quick to have others come out and do what he cant & then would call it a learning session! :dizzy: LOL, Im saying the "dan" has a bladder full of hot air which is used as an enviromentally safe means to propell his dingo! :clap:

LXT..................

That's right man, The Dan is just a bunch of hot air. In fact, yesterday it wasn't he who climbed those trees before my very own eyes and blew them out safely, efficiently, and without error, but rather it was a figment of my pesky LSD driven imagination...I guess that's why the trees are still up. What a rip-off. Good call dude, you're very perceptive and spot-on.

That's right man, The Dan is just a bunch of hot air. In fact, yesterday it wasn't he who climbed those trees before my very own eyes and blew them out safely, efficiently, and without error, but rather it was a figment of my pesky LSD driven imagination...I guess that's why the trees are still up. What a rip-off. Good call dude, you're very perceptive and spot-on.

Well good!!! seems to me..... you, the "Dan" & blakes know what you`re doing?? Look out Asplundh tree.

Treeco`s thoughts are like mine in this instance, but hey.... you 3 musketeers led by the "dan" well, LOL... there is nothing more to say :dizzy:

LXT.........

Hey Grand Master Dan their better not be any c-ment in those trees I charge a $1.00 a tooth for resharpening. Foams ok but no c-ment!

We aree looking to start next week. Fri and Sat. Look good for you?

I could give Fri for sure have to let you know about Sat though. If we start Fri I most likely will be puking up turkey all morning.

yeah it came from me!!! why?

LXT...........

Well it's just that I can't ever remember reading apost of yours that wasn't either bragging or condescending. It's cute, really, how little you know about yourself.

Well good!!! seems to me..... you, the "Dan" & blakes know what you`re doing?? Look out Asplundh tree.

Treeco`s thoughts are like mine in this instance, but hey.... you 3 musketeers led by the "dan" well, LOL... there is nothing more to say :dizzy:

LXT.........

Ya know Paco, one day I hope to be as awesome as you...one day.

Hey Grand Master Dan their better not be any c-ment in those trees I charge a $1.00 a tooth for resharpening. Foams ok but no c-ment!

Those trees are in open field, probably nothing in them. There may have *possibly* been a fence there once, I say that only because they are on a property line, but I doubt it.

LXT.........

What is your problem bro? Why us, why here, why now? I am not making the connection...

Yea if we simply dropped the trees it would just amount to a huge mess with stuff speared into the ground. And a dropped tree of that size has a lot of stored energy AKA dangerous as hell. Taking them from the sky to the ground has to be the way to go. At least that way we know where all the energy is at all times.

Thats controlled stored energy minimizing the danger, but either way wholesaling them or climbing them,:greenchainsaw: their coming down.

Those trees are in open field, probably nothing in them. There may have *possibly* been a fence there once, I say that only because they are on a property line, but I doubt it.

Yeah I know that was supossed to be a joke, don't think the person it was intended for will get it:dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back