40 CC Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where's the video? Is this what has to be done to actually make it a wildthing. How does she actually run? Brian you must have put some time into that project looking at all the fab work you had to do. How many hours? Can you do a comparison video between that and a ms 260? This is a classic I can imagine become the next gtg class. Crap saws with a head.

Buck

It's faster than stock by 3 or 4 times, but I don't know if it would catch a 260.

I need to get a 325 spur for it so I can run some decent chain. I guess I spent about 2-3 days on it, a day for the head and some time messing with other issues dnd to make up a pipe.

I know it would have to be slower than the 026 because of the difference in displacement. I just thought it would give some reference. How did it look inside and how long do you think the motor would hold up?

Buck

I am sure the motor life will be measured in secconds and min rather than hours. Esp with upwards of 300psi of compression. I will be bringing that down a bit as I plan to raise the exhaust a bit more.

Latest posts

Back