$40 Husky 162se update, w/pic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5c7c9

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
162se in the wood.jpg Update: As requested, by my fellow drinkers of the orange kool-aide.

A few weeks back, I made this post http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/finally-lucked-into-a-bargain.261219/#post-4909918 about 2 saws I picked up at a local yard sale.
They say we are never too old to learn something, and with the replies to that posting, I learned two things.........
#1. That I have a pretty cool wife.
#2. That I suck! LOL.
Today, I finally got around to dropping in a new bar adjuster, and got a B&C installed, and got it into some wood.
The saw is definately a beast, and preforms beyond my wildest dreams, for a $40 yard sale special, that would not even sputter, when I first brought it home.
I had no green wood handy for the pic, so I had to resort to a rock hard chunk of sun baked Tamarack, that was laying around.
Safe and Happy sawing!!
c5c7c9

Sorry I am late to the YOU SUCK bandwagon. Nice snag on the saw.

freeking bean boots.....typical mainer....welcome and be careful with that thing

sap can

Heck, if I could afford real Bean boots, I wouldn't have to play around with old broken saws, nor would I have any need for wood, I'd just have the butler turn up the heat in my mansion.
I do like a Bean boot but DANG, they are a might steep! Never yet been able to afford a pair.
These are actually Walmart closeouts @ $7.00 a pair, 8 years ago. I grabbed both pair of the sz 11s they had left, haven't even begun to wear out the first pair yet, I should be set for life LOL.

Back