440/460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These hybrids really have my attention lately. I have 2-046's and 2-044's and a MM 064 at my disposal:envy:. I probably should just keep em the way their supposed to be but.....

Is it possible to put a 64 jug and piston on a 046? I'm sure this has been asked before but this is the hybrid thread!:chainsaw:

I bet it could be done, I would probably buy another 64 jug though, I wouldn't dare mess up my MMWS 064!

This my sound crazy to, but what would a 46 jug and 64 piston on a 64 saw if ported correctly run like? Lots of options with these saws. Kinda fun to kick the idea around

Stroke, port timing, coolness
I think want randy is trying to say is the 460 and 064 have the same bore. You will not gain stroke unless you can fit the 064 crank in the 460 cases. So by putting just the jug on your just gaining a bunch of work. If your gonna go threw that trouble of trying you might as well use a 066 jug so at least you gain 2 mm bore. I hope he corrects me if I'm wrong.

I think want randy is trying to say is the 460 and 064 have the same bore. You will not gain stroke unless you can fit the 064 crank in the 460 cases. So by putting just the jug on your just gaining a bunch of work. If your gonna go threw that trouble of trying you might as well use a 066 jug so at least you gain 2 mm bore. I hope he corrects me if I'm wrong.
So a 066 on top of the 064 is possible?

My uncle has a 64/66 hybrid, runs great. I was just kickin the idea around of the 64 jug and piston on an 046. I love workin on projects like that, and if nothin else it would be a learning expierence for me and anyone on here who cares to hear about it.
The rod is wider on the 046 so you have to open the pin bosses in the piston also.

20150213_082012.jpg Well some fellows mentioned concern over that spot on the 20150211_094005.jpgintake being a casting flaw so I took cylinder back off this morning to check wear on cylinder and take a look at the spot. A diamond ball burr cleaned it up nicely

Back