460 Big Bore Stage II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A muffler modified 660 will have a little wider torque band, but yes a good modified 460 bb will keep up with them in the same wood with a 28" bar and chain. As for longevity; so far so good with no problems since they came out. The big bores hold up very nicely. The only problem that I know of was a circlip problem that Bailey's (another sponser in here) fix instantly. Just a note about Bailey's; they are a great company to work with and if you ever need anything you can count on them to deliver. There are definately some things that need to be changed on the bb to get the best performance out of them but over all are a great value compaired to the over priced stihl alternative. So far not any down side to be seen when purchasing the big bore kits.

Freakingstang said:
So Dean, Can you tell me what exactly you do tho the mods to make a saw gain about 3 pounds? :laugh:

We know what you meant, just had to pick on you. lol

-Steve
that was good. I editted it, so the only proof is in the quote you copied. LOL It's ok to pick on me. I think it's my turn any how.

BTW, this is Me - Tree Sling'r in the pic. Have not been on here in awhile, due to camping out all week.
And Yes, Dennis I am cutting for scale and Yes if I was in wood like this I would use Dean's 660 (I wish I was in wood like this all the time). I cut this tree up Sims Road about and hour and a half north of you up I-5.
Dean's 660 rips - ran it all last week and I love it. My first tree with it was a yellow pine. First cut was a 16' @ 51".
Take care fella's see ya this winter when I am fat a laid off.

Latest posts

Back