50cc Saw and Chain Shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RSC is fine by me.
I also have some 20" LGX loops in 3/8ths.

I took a couple of tenderloins out of the freezer tonight for supper on Sat. if we can find anyone who knows beans about grilling. :D

I'm beginning to get a mite narvis (nervous) about the event.
I'd hate for my junk to cast a bad light on Dolmar, and there's no way I can compete with professional tuners and racers.
Oh well! Que sarah sarah (or something like that.

thats what i thought.

i thought maybe you sharpend round into custom square ground chain

Mike, don't worry mine will be the slowest one in the bunch... I've already done the testing.

My saving grace is mine is also the lightest one in the bunch.... I've already done the testing. :D

I've yet to run the 346 and 5100 back to back and going by feel I'd say you could almost flip a coin on that one but my "feel" is that the dolly has bit more arse than the puppy. If I had to only have one saw and had to pick from of them it would probably be the 5100. However I reserve the right to change that opinion on Sunday. :laugh:

:cheers:

Mike, don't worry mine will be the slowest one in the bunch... I've already done the testing.

My saving grace is mine is also the lightest one in the bunch.... I've already done the testing. :D

I've yet to run the 346 and 5100 back to back and going by feel I'd say you could almost flip a coin on that one but my "feel" is that the dolly has bit more arse than the puppy. If I had to only have one saw and had to pick from of them it would probably be the 5100. However I reserve the right to change that opinion on Sunday. :laugh:

:cheers:

I have no doubt my 026 will be slower than yours. (crappy aftermarket cylinder) The fact that it's reliable, light and easy to use (nimble) is what makes it so great. Since I got my 361 a few weeks ago, it hasn't seen much run time. However, one of my neighbors had a couple of trees that needed some light limbing, and my faith in that saw was restored.

RSC is fine by me.
I also have some 20" LGX loops in 3/8ths.

I took a couple of tenderloins out of the freezer tonight for supper on Sat. if we can find anyone who knows beans about grilling. :D

I'm beginning to get a mite narvis (nervous) about the event.
I'd hate for my junk to cast a bad light on Dolmar, and there's no way I can compete with professional tuners and racers.
Oh well! Que sarah sarah (or something like that.

I think I may know someone that does a little grilling.:monkey:

It is a shootout. High noon! You just left out tissues after your 357 gets spanked:jester::laugh:
(just trying to draw attention away from the wooping the 026's 'll take)

So you're saying I need to go run some fuel through this thing tonight:) Maybe mod the muffler? I've already been called a cheater. Might as well live up to it:rock:

the screen's been pulled out of mine, that's it. Like I said, I tried to get my BIL to bring his brand new one but he's gotta work. I'm just teasing, I'm actually looking forward to running it. Too bad we couldn't get a 6401 and another 5100 for tomorrow.

Just for kicks, if there is a worn out, spare .325 chain, it would be interesting to give those cutters a 3/16 or 7/32 profile.

Now what is that last line in your sig?

Too late. I had a moment of weakness today.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105826&stc=1&d=1249690772

It looks like I'm gonna have to tell her about the Blueberry $$$ I have been squirreling away, or admit the saw just showed up.:Dhttp://http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105826&stc=1&d=1249690772

Y'all have fun tinkering with the chains..I'm all eyeballs, and looking into the ultimate 346XP Muff Mod.

:D :D

Anyone looking to take home a nice new 50cc saw tomorrow? I'll be bringing along a brand new Redmax 5300 which is a Husky 353. The price is only $275! My dealer just wants to move it and I offered to bring it along tomorrow in hopes of finding a new home for it. Note, it will not be run unless purchased.

Back