"50Fuel"---anyone??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone run into or tried "50fuel," a premixed 50:1 fuel available in the US? I think it's our equivalent to Troll's aspen fuel.

product info is here:
http://www.50fuel.com/

I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to find out what oil they use and what grade it is...

If you use your equipment rarely and like to store gas in it, or.. if you have a vacation home and need mixed gas there, then it will work for you...

On the other hand.. you'll save a bunch by just mixing your own and using AVGas 100LL.

If you use your equipment rarely and like to store gas in it, or.. if you have a vacation home and need mixed gas there, then it will work for you...

On the other hand.. you'll save a bunch by just mixing your own and using AVGas 100LL.

Lakeside,

I see you are around. There is a entire thread about your whereabouts.

Bill

Good Stuff!

Has anyone run into or tried "50fuel," a premixed 50:1 fuel available in the US? I think it's our equivalent to Troll's aspen fuel.

product info is here:
http://www.50fuel.com/

I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to find out what oil they use and what grade it is...

I bought two cans last fall '07 to have at my city home for use in my 141 saw and 225 husky leaf blower. All my other saws live up north and there I use my own premix. I have to say for the very intermittent use that i gave the Fuel 50 it's performed very well. I still have one of the two cans left - still unopened so I'll see how well it works next time I need it - it will be well over a year old at that time. This fall I used the rest of the first can that I started last year and it worked super . . . blower started right up and ran great as did the Husky 141 as I had some limbs that need trimming.

All in all I'd say it's a great product for very occasional use. I paid $3.49 per can and it is still selling for about that here.

Al :cheers:

50-1

good stuff. custom made in the USA true 90 octane. works good for long term storage. sears has it private label as craftsman. the stuff is great for carrying in your saw box in a vehicle. i like the stuff for emergency use. i have few cans cashed around work and at my other haunts. it is great stuff for leaving at the cabin or in the hunting trailer for firewood duty. think about a storm no power at the gas station and you have to cutt your way in or out to get help to your family? i carry a saw in my suv and gas cans stink to hy heck.i can carry six of the 50-1 premixed cans and a gallon of bar oil and be able to get out of most situations.

:popcorn: :givebeer:

Back