5100 just burned up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta do one of these get togethers. I got a ported 115i I would like to put up against some newer models.

and Tommie I got a Stihl in the lineup now. An old 028 super -good saw:clap:

Sounds like the next GTG is going to need the Police to keep a eye on yall.
:popcorn:
Everybody knows wildthings are the fastest saw anyways.

you boys got me feelin' pretty lite...

why cant it be like the old days when Joat comes along and busts one out???

:givebeer:

That's good info there ole boy...Thanks, I guess! lol :cheers:

Well it bugs me that I can no longer send a saw out the door like I have for years. I always set them well below max and rarely ever got one back, which is why I went to all the trouble. Now my hands are tied as is all the others.

I just wanted to point the 5100 isn't running any leaner than any other make, its running just lean enough to pass Epa like all the rest. I mean think about it, why would a saw maker lean thier saws way more than they need to to meet emissions standards, they wouldn't and I'm sure the 5100 isn't.

I think we all need to accept the fact there are gonna be more failures just like Stihl has. They know it and they accept it and move on, bout time everyone else did the same. No brand is fry safe and in todays Epa world more will cook than ever before regardless of brand. As the King would say, thats the way it is baby,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I think we all need to accept the fact there are gonna be more failures just like Stihl has. They know it and they accept it and move on, bout time everyone else did the same. No brand is fry safe and in todays Epa world more will cook than ever before regardless of brand. As the King would say, thats the way it is baby,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

i give $thil props here. they have been leaders in keeping them running.

:clap:

he,hee,

you and possum can work security.

Hey Man I thought you had run away or something. I got a pair of handcuffs in the safe with your name on um. Glad to see your Sthil stirring it up. Don't tell nobody but 2K has turned on us and has a orange saw. I'm going to kick it in the creek.
Joe

I got a pair of handcuffs in the safe with your name on um. Glad to see your Sthil stirring it up. Don't tell nobody but 2K has turned on us and has a orange saw. I'm going

wahooo there partner. im not kinky like that way or nothing. i just like running some saws and having fun.

:cheers:

i give $thil props here. they have been leaders in keeping them running.

Well if Epa gets their way and adds another 5% ethanol, making it 15% nationwide look out. That in itself will be a whole new ball game all over again. Here's the funny part. Epa never even tested small power equipment with it nor made mention of them when deciding 15% would be ok. That should tell everyone Epa doesn't give a hoot in hell about chainsaws.

In Brazil they have 20% ethanol and no small power equipment problems, why, because there you can set em as rich as you want. Here its a different story.

Forgot to mention and very important. Using 40-1 mix in these new Epa saws is worse than using 50:1. More oil means less cooling and more heat. These new Epa certified saws need all the cooling they can get and cooling comes from the gas, not the oil. More oil means more heat meaning more fried saws...

Well it bugs me that I can no longer send a saw out the door like I have for years. I always set them well below max and rarely ever got one back, which is why I went to all the trouble. Now my hands are tied as is all the others.

I just wanted to point the 5100 isn't running any leaner than any other make, its running just lean enough to pass Epa like all the rest. I mean think about it, why would a saw maker lean thier saws way more than they need to to meet emissions standards, they wouldn't and I'm sure the 5100 isn't.

No the 5100 is not running any leaner..... It is the lack of dealer support.... Or maybe the lack of having THALL sending out the saws (Pre 1/1/10 of course)

One question though..... Is the EPA really going to be spot checking saws... I mean did they just overnight amass a huge enforcment group? The EPA has their hands full of other stuff to be worried about what some Chainsaws are doing. That was some politician living in dream land when he wrote that policy. Yes they can make the manufacturer uphold some standards but I highly doubt they will be knocking on many dealers doors to be checking up on them!:chainsaw:

No the 5100 is not running any leaner..... It is the lack of dealer support.... Or maybe the lack of having THALL sending out the saws (Pre 1/1/10 of course)

One question though..... Is the EPA really going to be spot checking saws... I mean did they just overnight amass a huge enforcment group? The EPA has their hands full of other stuff to be worried about what some Chainsaws are doing. That was some politician living in dream land when he wrote that policy. Yes they can make the manufacturer uphold some standards but I highly doubt they will be knocking on many dealers doors to be checking up on them!:chainsaw:

Sift through the B.S. and you will find that John Deere lobbied for these regulations in the interest of profit$.:mad:

Latest posts

Back