550XP vs MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm editing and uploading vids now. It'll be a bit. The 362 is here for a port job. I ran a tank of fuel through the 550 today. This was the first I've really gotten to use the saw.

Last edited:
I am so in on this one for educational purposes along with the self torment fact that I cant reliably have these auto tunes in my local...

This little 550 is ground breaking. It runs like a ported saw. Even someone that's used to running a ported saw all the time would be happy running this thing muffler modded only. I suspect this is another 50cc saw that will shine with 3/8 chain. It's only wearing .325 right now, and a 7-pin at that. Put an 8-pin on it, and I'd be surprised if it didn't pick up.

Hopefully I can make it sing like this 261. The wood was a little bigger and slower here, so times can't be compared to the first 550 vid in this thread.

[video=youtube_share;_-ui50e5wBY]http://youtu.be/_-ui50e5wBY[/video]

Brad, I was not rooting for either saw although I've been thinking about the 550 being the next on the list for me...but the chain on the 550 looked to be more agressive on the husky the way it kept trying to pull the saw in closer to the wood.

I'm not trying to start a war or give a beating to anybody so don't be trying to give me one either lol.

BTW nice vids Brad:)

Back