550XP vs MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be a little better comparison if both saws had the same size b/c. i think the results would be different as well.

Maybe so, but not by much. The 550 is the real deal, it's shockingly strong for a stock 50cc saw. I love the 346 and I like the 261, but they have nothing on this saw when it comes to power.

Didn't get to see the videos last night, chainsaw noise at 11pm doesn't help my luck in the sack:taped:. I just cranked them up with my first cup of coffee and I am blown away. The first word that comes to mind with that 550 is Angry!!!!! Brad you have a nasty beast on your hands. Russ

It might be a little better comparison if both saws had the same size b/c. i think the results would be different as well.

Was the Husky running with a shorter bar and chain?
This wasn't a scientific comparison. It was a spur of the moment idea. It was only meant to give you an idea how they compare. Take it for what it's worth.

Another thread I wish I hadn't looked at! I had made up my mind I didn't need another saw and for sure not another 50cc saw.It's 60 miles to the Husky shop and gas is way too high, but now I gotta go look!Thanks a lot fellers.

That 550 is really impressive. I know how the 362 runs, and wawa-wewa that 550 is nice. I'm excited (to say the least) to see how the 362 improves ported.

I just can't believe a 50cc saw can run with that 362, even muffler modded. Wow. Hopefully Husky gets all the carb issues ironed out, I could see buying a 40cc version as a wicked 16" saw to fill the void between a ported 362 and a 200T.

Thanks Brad I've been wanting to see a few vid's of the 550 in action. What is the best price for these that people are seeing? I haven't priced one at my local dealer yet and haven't decided btw the 550 and the 562.

Bar length might matter, but the difference would be minimal considering the extra bar length was not cutting anything. I doubt a 16" on the 362 would even be noticeable. Variables in the wood are more likely to alter the cut time more than a silly bar.

Either way the vid speaks for itself. This thing is an animal.

That would likely even things out a bit... :msp_smile:

Really, I would expect the larger saw to pull ahead in larger wood...

That's right now put the same bar setup on the Husky and go to a 20 inch log and see what the difference is. Or put a short Bar on the Stihl and bigger sprocket and go back to the same log.

my $.02 worth

the 550 is awesome. Is it really more powerful than a modern 60cc saw? Of course not. Would it give it a run for its money in that size wood? It just did, and beat it. This was more of a demonstration than a "test" with certain advantages going to the 550. We were on a very tight time schedule so a more "fair" comparison could not happen. That being said, this saw is breaking new ground. With this technology and performance it's quickly closing the 10cc gap. Soon enough, the ultimate one saw plan won't be a 60cc, it'll be a 50 cc saw. It's not quite there just yet, but soon. All the neighsayers can gripe, kick, scream and whine all they want, but this is the beginning of the end for the old technology The 550 is the new darling and it should be, it's got everything going for it.

That's right now put the same bar setup on the Husky and go to a 20 inch log and see what the difference is. Or put a short Bar on the Stihl and bigger sprocket and go back to the same log.

The 362 is already running a larger sprocket, being it's 3/8 and the 550 is .325. I already said larger wood would change the results, but...

The Big news here, is Husky just introduce a new 50cc Hot Rod. Looks like the fastest/strongest stock 50cc ever made. :msp_mellow:

Back