550XP-"You CANNOT run it with 3/8 pitch setup. No way!"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
550XP- You CAN run it with 3/8 pitch chain - YES YOU CAN!:)

Not to drudge up an "old" thread, but I thought I would come on and give a formal THANKS to Spike for his service and help with my 550xp purchase. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but have been busy.

THANKS SPIKE!

Oh, yeah and a few PICS too.:D

Anyone who needs a smooth and professional online purchase of Husky saws, I would not hesitate to recommend Spike. Good, friendly service. Fair price. Fast shipping.
----------------------
I have been REALLY enjoying this saw in 3/8 - .58. I like it. The 3/8 is a little aggressive (grabby) in small limbs, but it is "primo" for bucking. No regrets in switching from .325.

Autotune has been great and the saw feels nice in hand.

View attachment 348255

View attachment 348256

View attachment 348257

Even came with a cool hat!:D
View attachment 348258

Hard at work...
View attachment 348260

Of course it can, no problem at all!

...but I still like .325 and Oregon LP/LPX better on 50cc saws - .325 is much nicer to limb with, and also a little (but just a little) faster. 3/8" works fine though, no real problem.

Yah......this is part of the plan by the big two to force "regulation" for your safety......and to dump their dealers and make yet MORE money selling new dealers all the crap they require.

Welcome to the OPE version of 1984

I tried to tell you guys about the ****** sharky manufacturers and how they play........if they do it once they are going to do it again.....and again....and again

Your favorite saw company is trying to lock you out I f not just modifying your saw troll but to force you to use their "expert dealer service"

By law....

And the other big comp is right there with them....and BOTH of them have the majority of their whole good parts made in China.....just slapped together in varoius palatible/profitable countries

EU rules of disclosure of source of parts sucks....dig

There are so many loopholes in that end of things it is stupid

Oh I am the first to admit I am bug nuts loonie toons

Just like the kid that stated straight out that the emperor had no clothes

Better to screw up a thread that profits a company that does not pay for this site than let it go and get regulated out of ever again working on ope.....I actally LOVE working on this stuff and always have

It is so close to being a reality of law it isn't funny.....

I could care less about flimsy husqys, but I do know something about denied warranty claims. If you were to come in expecting a warranted repair of your blown up 550xpat, guess what, not covered because of the 3/8"! You'd better buy the oil to double the warranty! Twice of void is still zero... best of luck with trying to go over your dealer's head, right or wrong, then expect good treatment down the road. The forum may be right about fitting 3/8 to your new saw, but will the forum be there to fix your saw under warranty?
Shoot, I don't see that being a problem with Spike or Terry...even so, you could always just get the saw from them, get the parts, do it yourself and then if you have a problem toss the .325 setup back on it and you won't have a problem. There are some good dealers out there, but I've found I have to travel to find the good ones, 1.5-2 hrs away aint nothin for a good dealer. the zombie dealers, well you pretty much gotta do what you can to get by.

Latest posts

Back