555 no fuel issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyhansen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok just picked up this 555 autotune for 100 bucks it's in great shape but wouldn' start. It has spark. new plug, air filter/fuel filter are good and seems to have decent compression. Pulled like crazy with choke on and off. Held it wide open and not so much as a hickup. Pulled plug and its dry so i dont think it's getting any fuel. What now? Primer bulb seems to be working. Thinking the autotune took a crap?

Ok just picked up this 555 autotune for 100 bucks it's in great shape but wouldn' start. It has spark. new plug, air filter/fuel filter are good and seems to have decent compression. Pulled like crazy with choke on and off. Held it wide open and not so much as a hickup. Pulled plug and its dry so i dont think it's getting any fuel. What now? Primer bulb seems to be working. Thinking the autotune took a crap?
Unlikely the AT took a dump. Diagnosis it like any other. First shoot a little fuel in it and see if it fires. Take the carburetor off, clean it out and inspect/replace the diaphragms. I bet the diaphragms are, stiff or the metering lever is stuck shut.

How's the top of the piston look? something forging did that, maybe a chunk of carbon, needle bearing or ring pin. I see a lot of carbon for a low use saw. The cylinder doesn't look too bad from what I can see. If everything checks out, smooth out the top of the port, put a new piston in it and see if she runs.

I know the two owners. First guy bought it new obviously and wanted something bigger. Second guy only changed the plug. I don' understand what damaged it.

Back