555 no fuel issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brief warm up & go cut wood with the intention of keeping the saw under load. You may want to test compression prior to break in to see how things change. Find a good mineral oil not synthetic and mix it up a little rich like 32-40:1. Try not to start saw and idle it for periods, you get one good shot to break in so don't fork it up! Remember pressure within the cylinder is what promotes a good break in/ring seal so you want to create that environment within the saw.

Ok sounds like my normal routine. Besides compression testing I really need to buy one of those. I made a major oopsie. Totally forgot to check my squish before starting. :dumb2: everything seems to be fine piston looks good and it didn't make any crazy noises. Fyi gasket is deleted.

I have ran a couple different 555 autotunes and I must say I'd love to have one. Wish I had a 50cc to trade you. Only 50cc saw I have is a partner 5000.
I would also have to agree someone stuffed something round in the exhaust port to hold the motor from turning over while they tried to remove the clutch .

Yeah turns out he thought the bar oiler wasn't working at one point. Makes me def think he tried fixing it and messed it up. Liar!!!! Sorry for doubting you guys I hope you will forgive me :(
That's why he needed to take the clutch off. People do stupid stuff and try to cover it up by lying. That's just the way it is[emoji6]

Cut a tank worth of cookies in a nice chunk of oak today. Saw ran great and i absolutely love it! Buuut I pulled off muffler and I see some wear right in the spot that I had to sand down the cylinder I'm pretty bummed. Seems to have good compression when comparing to my other saws though.

I don't know if the bar oil adj is broken or they are supposed to be this way. It seems to have 3 settings. Low med high? And it never hits a stopping point it's just keeps on turning but the screw comes out further then pops back in. Is this correct?

Latest posts

Back