555 no fuel issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool wasn't sure if they got deformed when removing. They look to be ok. I was taught with dirtbike engines. I don' think that's wrong thinking to replace such a cheap part. But I trust your judgement.

Also guys I get that the screwdriver thing happens buuuuut I literally just spoke to the dude and he is baffled I've known him for almost 20yrs! No screwriver lol i totally trust him. Only guess I have is maybe spark plug broke? He said he just pulled it out tossed it and popped in a new one as soon as he had trouble starting it. Never even looked at the bottom side of plug.

Yeah I tried taking him out of selling it even. Lol real good deal. I don' need it but I'm pumped to let this triple nickel scream. I wanted a 50cc saw but whatever.

Ok cool wasn't sure if they got deformed when removing. They look to be ok. I was taught with dirtbike engines. I don' think that's wrong thinking to replace such a cheap part. But I trust your judgement.

Also guys I get that the screwdriver thing happens buuuuut I literally just spoke to the dude and he is baffled I've known him for almost 20yrs! No screwriver lol i totally trust him. Only guess I have is maybe spark plug broke? He said he just pulled it out tossed it and popped in a new one as soon as he had trouble starting it. Never even looked at the bottom side of plug.
In the pic you can clearly see the carbon being scratched with a hard object. The evidence doesn't lie, people do. Someone put a screwdriver in there.

No he did not. He changed the plug. Literally the only thing that has even been done. Both previous owners are friends. I have the piston and cylinder in my hand. Not what happened. I can tell. Whatever hit this piston hit it hard enough to totally deform the ring groove to the point I couldn't remove the ring even. A screwdriver would have left a totally different Mark on the piston. He has been bummed about the saw not starting for awhile we talked about it multiple times. He was convinced it was the autotune or thw carb. He knows nothing about chainsaws to even think about putting a screwdriver in there. If there was such a problem he would have came to me to ask what to do about fixing it. I told him to pull carb and clean it but he refused to work on it. He wanted to take it i n to get worked on but the only good dealer around here refuses to accept auto tune saws "very old school". I get your points but there is more to the story then I can explain over a forum. Plz look at other options.

OK then what was inserted into the exhaust port that scraped the top of the piston than when the piston moved up caused the damage? If say a pin from the big end broke loose it would have left small dents all over the piston crown and maybe damaged the cylinder walls too. Someone stuck a screwdriver or something similar in there to stop the piston, I've seen this exact damage before it looks just like the pics you posted. The saw was not running when this happened, and it never ran afterwards, which is why we can still see the scraping marks on the cylinder. Someone is lying to you.

Sorry I just can't see anything else causing the horizontal scraping and the damage.

Then why would he continue to try and start it? He came into work asking for advice? He wasn't even selling it. I just offered him 100 bucks joking. He said if I can't get is started tonight it's yours. He obviously didn't get it started. Lol fyi this is just conversation I don' want anyone taking offense to this. I know how forums can get. Not arguing just discussing.

Then why would he continue to try and start it? He came into work asking for advice? He wasn't even selling it. I just offered him 100 bucks joking. He said if I can't get is started tonight it's yours. He obviously didn't get it started. Lol fyi this is just conversation I don' want anyone taking offense to this. I know how forums can get. Not arguing just discussing.
Well if he knows so little, maybe he thought the damage wasn't that bad. Maybe he for some unknown reason he put something like a screwdriver in the plug hole, and it made it's way to the exhaust port, than he tried to turn the engine over. Still it's pretty clear what happened, the evidence is very strong any way we try and look at it.

Right i know that's what it looks like. And the only reason I am leaning towards that is the scratch on top or piston. I feel like something made it's way in when plug was changed. I say he doesn' know much but he definitely isn't dumb dude. Just worries me that something is going to make its way back in there. I flushed cylinder and bottom end but the not knowing factor scares me.

Prove it! Parts are ordered. Little more work to do on cylinder and she will be rippin. I can't wait. I'd like to trade it off for a nice 50cc but knowing the cylinder needed a little repair makes me feel like I'm ripping someone off.

Got my piston today but I don't like the look of the used circlips. Kinda deformed. How to i tell if the aftermarket ones are junk. They seem fine and don't deform easy.

Got my piston today but I don't like the look of the used circlips. Kinda deformed. How to i tell if the aftermarket ones are junk. They seem fine and don't deform easy.
Reuse the oem clips. I spread them a little before I install them, never had a clip come loose.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Even if they are bent a little. I wasn't very nice about taking them out
If they have a good bend in them I might think twice about using them, the 550 turns some real rpm's. It's up to you what you use, oem circlips are cheap I'd order a set or two just in case one goes flying across the room.

Latest posts

Back