555 vs 357xp I would appreciate your opinion.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've picked up a 562xp since this thread started started.

Very impressed with the saw! Smoothest, fastest stock saw I've ever run.

Still like my 357xp a lot!!! :D

I have a MM 359 and have used my brothers MM 555 and IMO the 555 pretty much has it all over the 359. Have used them for firewooding and for a bucking job for a local logger(big soft maple) . The 555 has better AV,better handling,and holds more power in the cut. Also faster. That is my observations anyway.

Ron

ron and i run his 359 and my mweba ported,mm 359 then my mm555 in 18in red elm{very hard wood}.all saws had 20in bars,full chisel.i ran all 3 saws,rons 359 then my 359{2-3 seconds faster}then my 555{3 seconds faster than my 359}.i agree,balance,handling,ill take the 555 any day,i have not run a 357 so dont know how it compares to a 359 but thats our opinion.

If I didn't have any saws and wanted to buy brand new.

I'd get a 346xp and a 562xp. I like light weight, fast cuttin saws! :msp_biggrin:

Sorry, I missed the setup you are using on the 357.

Throw an eight pin 3/8 on the 15" setup and never look back....

[video=youtube_share;ErsWvLHdg4c]http://youtu.be/ErsWvLHdg4c[/video]

Using the 1001 1002 counting method I found the 555 in the comparison videos is two seconds MAX faster than the 357. I would suspect the 555 maybe more nimble than the 357. I enjoy cutting wood and don't count the seconds it takes to accomplish that task. I like my 262xp and I know I can work on it or a 357 without too much difficulty but the newer models including the 555 and 562 leave me a bit concerned that I would need to leave those saws with the Husqvarna dealer for adjustment/repair. All saws need adjustment and/or repair at some point. Just saying..................

Latest posts

Back