560 and 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, I got the scoop, (or most of it), on these new saws. The 560 is not actually an XP and is to replace the 359. The 562XP, replacing the 357, will come in both large and small tail bar mounts. Displacement on the 562 is 62CC, and they spin to 13,500. Not sure of the actual CC on the 560. Didn't get the actual weight but was told they "feel about the same". as the 357, but better balanced and therefore handles better. I'm told it's a nice looking saw, kind of like the 346NE, and there's a little more silver on it. (not sure I'm going to like that :mad:) There will be one in the New England growers show in Boston Feb 3-5 if any of you New England guys are going there. They should be available mid year, but I hope to get a sample before that.

Now this will get a lot of guys rolling their eyes: I'm told that all three of them are Auto-Tune. (And they want to go that route on a lot of stuff.) I asked if they have seen any problems/issues with the 576AT, (thinking of Simon's thread), And he says they have been virtually problem free and that there are no special steps to take when new. The auto-tune does not need to "cheat" to pass an emmisions test. So, not saying anything against what Simon posted, and I've no desire to incite an argument. But I have not been able to confirm any of that "auto-seize" stuff, and my contacts are good ones. I have yet to see a failure, or talk to a dealer in this area who has. The guy who bought my demo, which I wish I'd kept, says "The heck with the 372". I don't agree with that myself, but guys do like that 576.

Now for the other side of the family, doesn't Jonsered 2262 sound kind of cool? I'd guess that they should be available by the fall..........of 2014 maybe???? :givebeer:

Thanks for posting, you confirmed a couple of things that I assumed (about the 560 and the 576xpAT)!

I guess we were right when guesstimating 562xp as the model name for the 357xp replacement.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! I hope they are built on the smaller chassis than some of the larger saws. Another 262XP would be nice, but not sure how I feel about both tail mounts. I can see that causing some frustration down the road. Mainahs love the 357XP for the pulp production, and I can only imagine the 562XP being a success up here if it proves to be reliable.

Let's aim for 2011 instead of 2014. :cheers:

Thanks Spike!!!

Question though. Is the auto tune nonsense going to infect the Jonsereds as well?

I hope not.
I wont even wear a digital watch cuz I kill 'em too fast.

Next stop. Computer controlled Toilet paper that tells you to keep wiping and when to just give up, and get in the Tub.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm sure that this has already been asked but here it goes anyway. If you muffler mod the auto tune engine, will it adjust accordingly?

Ian

Thanks Spike!!!

Question though. Is the auto tune nonsense going to infect the Jonsereds as well?

I hope not.
I wont even wear a digital watch cuz I kill 'em too fast.

Next stop. Computer controlled Toilet paper that tells you to keep wiping and when to just give up, and get in the Tub.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Really couldn't say either way on the Reds.

One question I should have asked today is are these new saws going to be Auto-Tune only, or will you be able to get them either way like the 576. It sounded like "only", but I don't know for sure.

Does that toilet paper tell you by buzzer or does it just start to burn?:chainsaw:

I'm sure that this has already been asked but here it goes anyway. If you muffler mod the auto tune engine, will it adjust accordingly?

Ian

Nope.
It will dial Barry Soetoros directly, and he will send the EPA SWAT team over to shoot your dog, burn down your house, and then take your saw as evidence.

I'm new to this gettin' old thing. I don't like it.
I used to LIKE the new stuff coming out....

Last I knew the 576 wasn't able to be flash mapped or anything like a Car chip, and I am assuming the new stuff will be the same.

Never mind my tinfoil.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Really couldn't say either way on the Reds.

One question I should have asked today is are these new saws going to be Auto-Tune only, or will you be able to get them either way like the 576. It sounded like "only", but I don't know for sure.

Does that toilet paper tell you by buzzer or does it just start to burn?:chainsaw:

It had better Buzz, cuz with my diet, I wouldn't notice a whole Habeneros worth of "Wipe again" heat, and it could get crunchy in the long skivvies;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It had better Buzz, cuz with my diet, I wouldn't notice a whole Habeneros worth of "Wipe again" heat, and it could get crunchy in the long skivvies;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I suspect that the red version of the 560 will appear before the red version of the 562xp - in "good" tradition - but that is just a partially educated guess......:givebeer:

Did they have any idea on price? If the $680 msrp on the 357xp takes on the same increase that the 361 did, that's going to be one scary price tag.

Did they have any idea on price? If the $680 msrp on the 357xp takes on the same increase that the 361 did, that's going to be one scary price tag.

Huskys pro saws command the premium prices here - but I usually conclude that they are worth it - except in the 60cc class, after the 262xp was discontinued!

That was last generation though, I have no way to compare the new ones yet.......

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Spike. This is going to be a really interesting year and having a guy like you to get us info really helps

Back