560 and 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one thinking that 4.7hp from a 60cc saw isn't that surprising? Previous generations of saws were pushing that mark.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking that 4.7hp from a 60cc saw isn't that surprising? Previous generations of saws were pushing that mark.

I actually hoped for a bit more cc, and a bit more power (and would have accepted more weight in exchange for that) - but if the weight is true, they probably did a very good job - just not the job that I hoped for! ;)

I guess I will stay true to my :heart: MS361 in the 60cc class......:biggrinbounce2:

Edit; If I didn't have the 361, I would have been very interested though!

Last edited:
Yup the 362's over here are made here. I have my 362 sitting on my desk right now, and I've spent some time looking at it closely. In all honesty it has better fit and finish and over all quality than the 361. I always felt that the 361 was a bit dated to me, even with it's good AV.:cheers:

Can anyone (that is you Spike - :laugh:) explain why the large pattern bar mount of the 562xp adds .4 lbs over the 560xp???? :confused:

I don't think it does. You know how much faith I place in those specs.:clap:

There are other instances where saws are listed with the same weight, but have differences that SHOULD produce different numbers, such as a cat muffler or wrap handle.

My specs are I pick it up, and it either feels good or it doesn't. :cheers:

There are other instances where saws are listed with the same weight, but have differences that SHOULD produce different numbers, such as a cat muffler or wrap handle.

That is true, both with Husky, Dolmar and other brands, I am sure!

:cheers:

:agree2: On paper the 362 is a lot heavier than the 361, but in reality it's not.:cheers:

<<<bump>>>

It's getting close to April, anyone privy to this vaporware saw within Husqvarna's distribution channels?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a 346 XP or wait for this 560/562XP. 11.9 lb., 4.7 hp, and if the AV is like Husqvarna's other 500 series saw, it'll be the smoother than my dog's ####e after feasting on a rotten deer carcass. I'm practically ready to camp outside the nearest Husqvarna dealer so I can buy the first saw they get.

So it can handle a longer bar?

Can anyone (that is you Spike - :laugh:) explain why the large pattern bar mount of the 562xp adds .4 lbs over the 560xp???? :confused:

Just a guess, but I suspect it was a marketing goal to offer a sub-12 lb. 60 cc saw. To achieve this weight, the case could not be made strong enough to support the stress of longer bars, thus, there are two 60 cc models, a robust case design for longer bars, and a lightweight case for shorter bars.

Or I could just be talkin' out of my arse.

Just a guess, but I suspect it was a marketing goal to offer a sub-12 lb. 60 cc saw. To achieve this weight, the case could not be made strong enough to support the stress of longer bars, thus, there are two 60 cc models, a robust case design for longer bars, and a lightweight case for shorter bars.

Or I could just be talkin' out of my arse.

I seriously doubt that they took the cost of making two different cases, just for that! :givebeer:

They hold the cards really tight this time - still no manual or IPL(s) on the web-site........

Last edited:
You're probably right

I noticed in reviewing this thread again that the person claiming two XP saws with different bar mounts (560 XP and 562 XP) also claims they will be on sale in April. If that were true we'd be hearing more about them by now.

Considering the 570 and 576 XP saws, it seems more likely that the 560 is the "semi-pro" saw and the 562 XP is the pro saw, and they'll be out at the end of the year if we're lucky.

Or perhaps Funky Sawman will drop in

to give us some more funky release dates?

The only other mention of a "562 XP" I've been able to find is on a <a href="http://skogsforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5516&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=580002fb9f8c6526fa7b453aafdc8c7d&start=45">Swedish forum.</a> <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://skogsforum.se/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D12%26t%3D5516%26st%3D0%26sk%3Dt%26sd%3Da%26sid%3D580002fb9f8c6526fa7b453aafdc8c7d%26start%3D45&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhusqvarna%2B562XP%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Den&rurl=translate.google.com">Here's the Google translation.</a>

A poster only mentions the 562 XP as the replacement for the 357 XP, no specs are given. He also talks about the 550 XP, a replacement for the 346 XP with an even better power to weight ratio, but says it is not due out until the first quarter of 2011.

"AS" is mentioned earlier in the thread, so these guys could just be repeating whats in this thread.

Where's Funky Sawman? C'mon man, don't leave us hanging here, spill the beans!

The rumors have been out at least for a couple of years, but there still are no hard facts - the cards are held really tight this time!

Back