560 and 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MS362 vs 562XP will make and interesting showdown, but in tradition of AS, everyone will compare the Husky conventional saw to the Stihl strato, and not do true comparisons.

I'll bet the new Husky 562xp is a strato saw also.
I wonder if I could replace the Sthil carb on my 346 with a Autotune 562 carb? I would sure sleep better at night!

If the weight of the 560xp is really more than a pound less than the ms 362 they're [stihl is] in for trouble...

Nothing indicates that is the case, but .7lbs less and .1 kW more still could make a slight difference - but the jury is still out, and will be for a while....:greenchainsaw:

If the weight of the 560xp is really more than a pound less than the ms 362 they're [stihl is] in for trouble...

No because in the real world, outside of AS people have better things to than nit pick over .7 of a pound difference between saws. Most people can't notice a difference weight wise between an MS270 and a MS290, I've never had a guy go "I'll pass on buying the Stihl, that Husky is a pound lighter and I can't stand the extra weight of the Stihl."

The MS362 vs 562XP will make and interesting showdown, but in tradition of AS, everyone will compare the Husky conventional saw to the Stihl strato, and not do true comparisons.

I could be wrong but x-torq makes them a strato saw I think, and funky sawman said they were x-torq branded.

It isn't falling apart - but blaming it on 2-cycles (or even cars) is a loooong shot anyway - like peeing in the ocean.....

.....it is just about the polititians feeling like they do something, even though they don't.........:sucks:

Nikko,

Phil Jones just admitted to lying, and there is no global warming as was previously hyped and used as a lever for all this EPA fraud. It's as good as dead.

Now somebody needs to start hanging all the criminals that were looking to cash in.

Can we have regular saws back now?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nikko,

Phil Jones just admitted to lying, and there is no global warming as was previously hyped and used as a lever for all this EPA fraud. It's as good as dead.

Now somebody needs to start hanging all the criminals that were looking to cash in.

Can we have regular saws back now?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I always said that this EPA BS was over money and nothing else, I think all the big players that sold all this environmental crap to the public and politicians should be prosecuted!

I am looking forward to seeing these saws arrival at Lowes, Sears and TSC. :hmm3grin2orange::poke:

I am curious about the pricing and performance. Looking forward to seeing these saws, hoping they can help revitalize the Husqvarna market around here.

To me the Auto Tune is of more concern than the weight difference. Someday, somebody will get it right. Maybe this time. Talked to a couple of guys running the big Auto tune Husky (576?). They say it works great.

They are indeed strato as well as auto-tune.

Auto-tune on the 576 is working great, and I no longer stock the regular version. They seem to just be keeping it around for the guys who think that auto-tune might be voodoo.

But the comparisons will no doubt be silly. Saws will probably both be with a fraction of a second of each other, which is meaningless beyond the stop watch crowd.

Remember how we did the math at Walts' comparing a 50cc saw vs a 79cc saw? 14" hard maple. Four seconds in the cut seemed like a lot on the stopwatch, but figuring 30 such cuts to fill a pickup truck, it added up to almost two whole minutes!!!

Not that it matters much but the 362 is listed as having 4.6 HP.:cheers:

That is true, and the Euro MS361 is as well - but the specs are the same on both sides of the pond for the MS362.

Do they make all the MS362s in Germany, or do they make them at the VB plant as well? :confused:

They are indeed strato as well as auto-tune.

Auto-tune on the 576 is working great, and I no longer stock the regular version. They seem to just be keeping it around for the guys who think that auto-tune might be voodoo.

But the comparisons will no doubt be silly. Saws will probably both be with a fraction of a second of each other, which is meaningless beyond the stop watch crowd.

Remember how we did the math at Walts' comparing a 50cc saw vs a 79cc saw? 14" hard maple. Four seconds in the cut seemed like a lot on the stopwatch, but figuring 30 such cuts to fill a pickup truck, it added up to almost two whole minutes!!!

Never dismiss the fun factor! :cheers:

You couldn't pry my 576xpAT from my cold dead hands!

If the 562xpAT is due out in April, it looks like I'll be paying a call to my friend spike60 to pony up to the bar!

Latest posts

Back