562 won't idle - need help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapitaineHaddoc

European Westcoaster
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today i was working with my new ported 562. The saw has something like 12 tanks through it. After a first tank this morning (the saw worked perfectly), it was pretty hard to restart the saw, and once started, she wont idle. If i don't touch the throttle, the saw dies after less than one second. And at WOT, i can hear that there's something wrong, she run "irregular".

And after she dies, i can restart her with the choke (2 pulls each time), and she will start at fast idle, but dies again immediatly.

I checked everything i can check, fule lines looks fine, air filter is clean, no scoring on the piston. But i can't use the saw like this, and if i can, i'll fix it myself. Any idea?

sounds like it may have an air leak. check all fasteners and make sure nothing came loose(cylinder bolts,case bolts,intake boot). then do a pressure and vac test. if all these tests pass then move on to the carb and fuel system. it may have some trash in the fuel system. possible that the primer bulb is leaking and getting air too.

Well, i'll take a look, but i don't have the tools to make a pressure and vac test. I'll ask my dealer if he can do something.

sounds like it may have an air leak. check all fasteners and make sure nothing came loose(cylinder bolts,case bolts,intake boot). then do a pressure and vac test. if all these tests pass then move on to the carb and fuel system. it may have some trash in the fuel system. possible that the primer bulb is leaking and getting air too.
So the AT won't compensate for the air leak? Or only partially so, w/i certain parameters?

depends on how bad the leak is. also I will say that any time I have a saw that ran great for the first tank and goes south immediately after refueling the fuel is the first thing I check. the way the saw is acting ,describes exactly how a saw with a blown seal acts. runs at wot but dies as soon as you let off of it.

I'm back on the saw, she cooled a little, an had idling well for ten seconds. I'll put all the saw apart and look for something weird.

Nope, the decomp valve is fine. I suppose i'll have to find a dealer who will agree to work on a ported saw.

I checked all the bolts, they're tight. Now i'll check the carb himself. And if the problem isn't sold, I suppose i'll put the saw on the trading post

Latest posts

Back