562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the link to the manual KenJax ...

Page 29 - "The following steps should be taken when the chain sawis started for the first time or when outside circumstances change (fuel, altitude, air filter etc.): Start the engine. Accelerate the engine to full throttle and saw a number of cuts in a thick log (3-5 min.) the chain saw must be run (8,000 - 12,000 rpm) the entire time so that the carburetor can adjust itsellf"

BUT, what's good for the carburetor may not be so good for the other moving parts - but I'm no mechanic and I have to assume they know what they're doing - still a significant departure from what I'm used to.

We got no mods that are pricks here these days Hamish. No worries my friend.

Just so everyone knows.......I'm having some serious fun riling up these Autotune lovers. :laugh:

no intention on starting a saw war, but from my old MS250 Stihl manual -"A factory new machine should not be run at high revs (full throttle off load) for the first 3 tanks".

I get the difference between on and off load, but finding a hefty sized 3 minute minimum cut log to bite into will still likely mean at least a couple of lifts of the saw from the cut during the exercise - i.e. Doing the 562XP's break in procedure trying to not drop below 8000 RPM will prolly entail some scream 'off load', even with 80" trees in your back yard.

my concern is that there are guys that take this stuff as gospel they heard here and I have had several customers change there mind about buying saws after these auto tune threads got going. im not the only dealer that has had this happen.

no intention on starting a saw war, but from my old MS250 Stihl manual -"A factory new machine should not be run at high revs (full throttle off load) for the first 3 tanks".

I get the difference between on and off load, but finding a hefty sized 3 minute minimum cut log to bite into will still likely mean at least a couple of lifts of the saw from the cut during the exercise - i.e. Doing the 562XP's break in procedure trying to not drop below 8000 RPM will prolly entail some scream 'off load', unless you've got 80" trees in your back yard.

They should have said 60 minutes, for the attention span of people is too short and 20 seconds seems like an hour. The system can handle WOT with out load as the lean out test in conjunction with rpm will compensate for it. WOT under load and a few "lifts" gets it figured out faster.

that's 3 - 5 minutes of full throttle under load in the wood . not just screaming wide open no load.

Wish I had bought from someone who knew this like yourself Terry. FWIW, my 562xp was 'set' at the dealer WOT no load, over two minutes. Hold on, hold on tight now. NEVER AN ISSUE in 275hours of runtime.

Bought a 562xpg this fall, dealer did not set it up. I went to the woods, first whole tank of fuel was limbing white pine. The saw barely ever got to WOT under load for more than a half second, and most of the time walking from branch to branch idleing, first tank of fuel. NEVER an issue.

My 550xp and 550xpg each had a similar background. Never an issue. I know plenty of guys with the same story as me. All those guys cut more than a little firewood or cookies FWIW.

my concern is that there are guys that take this stuff as gospel they heard here and I have had several customers change there mind about buying saws after these auto tune threads got going. im not the only dealer that has had this happen.
I agree 100% Terry, even up here in my igloo the same thing happens. Be a good dealer, understand the product, know how to fix the product. Where are the dealers that cant even do a simple vac and pressure test? They are not on here (well some might be trying to figure it out). You as a dealer will be the one to sell and service the product. That's were it changes. Some of mother oranges stuff I refuse to sell. I sell and service AT saws, I refuse to sell junk. Wait till more MT's get in the market the same thing will happen.

Drink Beer, Sell Saws, Eat Bacon, the Gospel of a beer drinking, bacon eating, saw seller.

Back