562xp is it right for me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reiser

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello gang.
Have done a little lurking on the site and just a few questions before I pull the trigger on a new saw.

The 562xp will be my only saw for a while, will be used to cut fire wood for my OWB in our new house, although not new to cutting wood am new to heating full time with it so it will see 8-10 cords a year maybe more this first year as I do have some seasond that came with the house.

My question is, is this a good saw for all around use? Am going to buy it with a 24" bar and buy an 18-20" to go with. Or should I just buy a 20" and be done?

Thanks

My friend has a562. he is a professional cutter. He uses his 562 nearly every day and never had a lickof trouble with it. For firewood use I would go with the 555. It is the same saw as the 562 but with sligtly less power. It will handle a 20inch bar well and make a great firewood saw and save you some loot to boot.

I also have a owb and burn 8-10 cords a year. If i was buying a new saw the 562 would be my pick. I had one and sold it because i am partial to my old 262. With that said, the 562 is the smoothest saw i have ever used. I ran a 20" b/c all the time. The only other saw i would consider is the 372. If you can handle a little more weight then it will do anything you will ever ask it. Hope this helps

I do plan on a smaller saw down the road just need this to get me through my first season or so.

If you only need to get though this season with the one saw i would strongly suggest looking at the 365. will run a 24" better than the 562 and handle a larger bar if you ever need it to, and it is a very simple modification to get the power of a 372xp out of it. There is a little more weight yes but you are geting more saw. Then when you go to get your smaller saw i would add a 545 to it and have a verry nice 50/70cc two saw plan, these two sizes are what i go for 9 times out of 10 when i am cutting, i run my 550xp most and grab my 365 for anything bigger.

Where in the midwest are you located and what kind of trees are you cutting mostly, this will make a big impact on the size saw and bar you want to run.

as has been mentioned if you are going to go with a 60cc saw i would lean tward the 555 and not the 562xp. I have had a chance to run them both and after a while you can't really tell much differance. The main reason i went with the 550xp over the 545 was to get the heated handles, otherwise the "detuned" models will do great for firewood duty.

Hello gang.
Have done a little lurking on the site and just a few questions before I pull the trigger on a new saw.

The 562xp will be my only saw for a while, will be used to cut fire wood for my OWB in our new house, although not new to cutting wood am new to heating full time with it so it will see 8-10 cords a year maybe more this first year as I do have some seasond that came with the house.

My question is, is this a good saw for all around use? Am going to buy it with a 24" bar and buy an 18-20" to go with. Or should I just buy a 20" and be done?

Thanks
That choice with at 20 inch bar is a good one. I use it in stock form for that exact purpose. Also have a 372 and you would be giving up very little, if anything.

My friend has a562. he is a professional cutter. He uses his 562 nearly every day and never had a lickof trouble with it. For firewood use I would go with the 555. It is the same saw as the 562 but with sligtly less power. It will handle a 20inch bar well and make a great firewood saw and save you some loot to boot.
555 is the best firewood saw being made today.

I would have bought one, but bought a 562 before the 555 was available.

If staying with Husqvarna, 555 or 365. Personally, I would get a 365 if you're planning on a getting a smaller saw in the future. If you want ONE saw go for 555

Back