562xp re-released!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised here is a vid of me running the 562 with a 28' bar in a big piece of elm. Seemed to handle it pretty good.

Last edited:
That video right there answered a LOT of my questions about this saw!:clap: Memory fails me, is this the muffler modded one?
It wasn't really fast, wasn't really slow, and never seemed to bog in the cut! Not badmouthing it mind you, I was really wanting to ask, and even happier to see, it run a 28" bar in some decent wood! It did better than I, and I presume many others, thought it would, I am really impressed!
Can I ask a favor and get a rough weight with that bar combo on it, please! No postage scale, just a rough idea.

Thanks!

Video is labeled "Nieuwe husqvarna 560 auto tune vs Stihl ms362"

Of course, these race type tests don't tell everything - some operators are more aggressive, older/newer saws, etc. At least they switched ends of the log!

I would like to hear from users who have tried both saws: which feels better balanced, which is smoother, etc.

Philbert

562 spools up quicker and you can push on the saw more than a 362. Down side is 562 is heavier according to my scale. I prefer the handling and balance of the 562. Both are decent saws, but the 562 is easier on my hands vibration wise.

That video right there answered a LOT of my questions about this saw!:clap: Memory fails me, is this the muffler modded one?
It wasn't really fast, wasn't really slow, and never seemed to bog in the cut! Not badmouthing it mind you, I was really wanting to ask, and even happier to see, it run a 28" bar in some decent wood! It did better than I, and I presume many others, thought it would, I am really impressed!
Can I ask a favor and get a rough weight with that bar combo on it, please! No postage scale, just a rough idea.

Ya this saw has a muffler mod. The chain wasn't the sharpest. I'd already cut a bunch of that elm with it already, and that stuff traps all kinds of trash in the bark. At night it throws sparks when your cutting bad. I thought it handled the bar well though. I wouldn't want it on the saw all the time but for the occasional big tree it would do fine. It cuts awesome with a 24" bar! I don't know what to guess on the saw weight. I already took the bar off and put it back on the xpw. If I had to guess, I'd say it's about 2 lbs lighter than my 372 with the same setup.

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for something to replace my modded 046, my broken back doesn't much care for it anymore! 90% plus of the time it would be a 24" saw, the 28" would come out when it absolutely had to, no more!

This may sound like a silly question....but as compared to the easiest saw to start you have in your life experience...where does this 562 sit? Would like to know first what the easiest saw was for reference, and second weather the ease of start was number of pulls or how hard you had to pull....reason is I'm looking to radically upgrade my sawing partner's (My bride) saw. She's strong enough to handle a bigger saw...if it will pull over and start easy. Don't want to change the direction of the thread but would like to see a discussion on this 562 about day to day living with it..starting is a part of that in all temps for me...interested in a Red version when they appear.

As promised here is a vid of me running the 562 with a 28' bar in a big piece of elm. Seemed to handle it pretty good. .....

It looked good, but I think there was a lot of dust, as opposed to chips - it may be just the lighting, but makes me wonder how sharp that chain really was? :msp_confused:

Last edited:
Would like to know first what the easiest saw was for reference, and second weather the ease of start was number of pulls or how hard you had to pull....

Not a silly question - hope you don't think my answer is.

Easiest to start power chainsaw is electric. No pulling, no jerking. One press of the trigger and it is on.

For gas chainsaws, you need to consider size: smaller saws are almost always easier to start because you are pulling against less compression - compression release valves help in larger saws.

STIHL's 'Easy2Start™ System' (on some smaller saws only, I believe) is very easy to start - several easy pulls on the rope 'build up' to turn over the saw, instead of a few, sharp pullls.

Then, of course, is the question of which saw(s) flood more or less easily, if the saw is in tune, is the fuel mix fresh, etc. . . . .

So, not trying to be a smart aleck with my response, but you may need to frame your question a little closer, especially, if you are looking for a certain size, or type, or brand of saw for your bride.

Philbert

This may sound like a silly question....but as compared to the easiest saw to start you have in your life experience...where does this 562 sit? Would like to know first what the easiest saw was for reference, and second weather the ease of start was number of pulls or how hard you had to pull....reason is I'm looking to radically upgrade my sawing partner's (My bride) saw. She's strong enough to handle a bigger saw...if it will pull over and start easy. Don't want to change the direction of the thread but would like to see a discussion on this 562 about day to day living with it..starting is a part of that in all temps for me...interested in a Red version when they appear.

Does not sound like a silly question at all. 562 is the easiest starting saw I own, but I do not own a ms362 or ms261- friend does and I think I only started one when they first showed at the dealer- I have no recollection of starting the ms362 or ms261.

It looked good, but I think there was a lot of dust, as opposed to chips - it may be just the lighting, but makes me wonder how sharp that chain really was? :msp_confused:

As stated in my last post, The chain wasn't the sharpest. I had cut plenty of that elm before making the video. I ws just rapping up my day and remembered that I hadn't posted a video yet.

My 562 starts very easy.One pull hot. My 346xp is the easiest starting saw I own. It only takes about half a pull when it's warmed up. I don't use the compression releases on my saws, and I notice the 562 has a little higher compression than some of my other saws but if you use the compression release that shouldn't be an issue.

Looks like the MS 291 C-BEQ is the largest STIHL offered with the Easy2Start™ System, based on their current listings. You would have to take the tool-less chain adjuster along with it (which I don't like) and the Quickstop Plus additional brake (have never used, but might be OK).

Philbert

Looks like the MS 291 C-BEQ is the largest STIHL offered with the Easy2Start™ System, based on their current listings. You would have to take the tool-less chain adjuster along with it (which I don't like) and the Quickstop Plus additional brake (have never used, but might be OK).

Philbert

+ a good bit of extra weight! :msp_wink:

So how many bought the 562xp Auto tune?
I checked Husqvarna parts server and they are still backed out till 2/10/12
I am going to call them to see what is up. Just need to know if these are available else where
happy new year
Cheers

So how many bought the 562xp Auto tune?
I checked Husqvarna parts server and they are still backed out till 2/10/12
I am going to call them to see what is up. Just need to know if these are available else where
happy new year
Cheers

just checked web order and the 20" 3/8 .050 p/n 966 57 03-04 is scheduled for 1/2/12

I'll believe it when I see mine come through the door. Which is supposed to be this week. Who knows.

Latest posts

Back