562XP Recall Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK boys, here's what I have learned.

Quality control identified a piston/cylinder defect, (vendor issue), on saws in a certain serial number range. We're only talking less than 200 saws that they are certain of. But the only way to be sure that the problem is confined to that number sequence is to call them all back to be certain everything is OK before releasing them. While this is being done, they are air freighting in more saws so they can FINALLY start selling the dopey things.

It's not electronic, and it's not EPA related.

But, ya still gotta laugh at the whole thing. :laugh:

So close...

Then, so faaaar away...

Now, maybe a little closer?

I was set to buy one if they had come out a few weeks ago. I got over the urge now.

i am still gonna buy the first one i see regardless of wether or not i liket he dealer. if only they were made in red......

Pump the brakes for a second...

It was reported that the recall stems from components supplied by another vendor.

Presumably, this is a vendor with an established track record. I can only imagine that while parts are inspected, you don' take a mitutoyo caliper and go ham on every single piston and cylinder you get from your established vendor who normally delivers flawless products.

Understand too that we have chosen to wait and wait and wait for this saw, and we've created a lot of the hype around it. Presumably if they gave less of a #### they could just leave the ones out in the field and let them blow up, and then wait for it to come back. They're doing the right thing here, though it will take more time. The fact that they're doing what's right and not freaking out about some freight expenses that may affect their initial bottom line on this saw is also a good thing. Lots of companies would not...

sounds like they dont want another 575 situation. what i mean is a dealer told me was that when the 575s were newly released that thry had so many problems that husky said to just swap them out for new saws and for the dealers to send the defective ones back as they came in. this is what i was told.

I'm gonna post these two vids in every 562 thread - just so you all can see time and time again what you could have had!! :biggrin: :tongue2:

[video=youtube;zpyjN3Fudk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyjN3Fudk0[/video]

[video=youtube;NpzNJIwERjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpzNJIwERjg[/video]

:byebye:

I tell ya, after running the 555, I cant wait to get a 562XP. The 555 is gonna very hard to beat IMHO. As Mitch said, the 562XP is really gonna have to shine. But.....I bet she sure will!

I might be an idiot to suggest this, but I'll bet the differences are very very minimal when it comes to running them side by side.

"Under the hood" of course there will be lot's of things going on with the 562 that the 555 doesn't have going on....

BUT! Look at the differences in running the 357 and 359 in the woods - both have similar weight and power and most wouldn't know the difference if both saws were wearing the same colors / plastics.

We'll see though, even if I'm terribly wrong both the 5sexy2 and 5Fitty5 are kick @$$ saws.

I tell ya, after running the 555, I cant wait to get a 562XP. The 555 is gonna very hard to beat IMHO. As Mitch said, the 562XP is really gonna have to shine. But.....I bet she sure will!

This is kinda like the 365 vs 372 saga, and yes i own both. For the money involved the 365 will cut as much wood as the 372 and probably longer also. I have never been on the 562 bandwagon, the 555 is sounding better all the time. Cost vs. result plain and simple. But im not one to deny a guy some niceties, spend as you see fit.

Got the word today, my cs500P is now on back order due to a world wide shortage of P's. Can't these alphabet people get there #$@% straight!

I might be an idiot to suggest this, but I'll bet the differences are very very minimal when it comes to running them side by side.

"Under the hood" of course there will be lot's of things going on with the 562 that the 555 doesn't have going on....

BUT! Look at the differences in running the 357 and 359 in the woods - both have similar weight and power and most wouldn't know the difference if both saws were wearing the same colors / plastics.

We'll see though, even if I'm terribly wrong both the 5sexy2 and 5Fitty5 are kick @$$ saws.

I think your probably spot on Jason. But keep in mind that the 555 spanked a 357XP- the saw the 562XP is to replace. In that, I believe that 110% for sure the 555 and 562XP will/are gonna be kick azz saws! :) I just cant get over what a sweet saw this 555 is......I ran mine with a 16" b/c and she was one little hell raiser! :)

This is kinda like the 365 vs 372 saga, and yes i own both. For the money involved the 365 will cut as much wood as the 372 and probably longer also. I have never been on the 562 bandwagon, the 555 is sounding better all the time. Cost vs. result plain and simple. But im not one to deny a guy some niceties, spend as you see fit.

I really in all honesty couldnt agree more. But for me, the 555 is going to my dad, so I will go ahead and get the 562XP. You will LOVE the 555.......

I hate to admit it...... but T K's 562 felt as strong in the cut as my 372.

LMAO, After the first few cuts I thought "this feels like 70cc power", but was about too afraid to post it until now.....LOL, I will rep ya tomorrow! :)

I think we are all overestimating how much this will actually affect Husqvarna's bottom line. These saws are not going to boost up the stock much. And here's why:

Have you seen the graph of husqvarna's sales and where they come from?

L3Vb6.png

kdJ2N.png

The majority of the monies comes from tractors and walkbehind products, and the majority comes from retailers, not dealers.

Wonder why they sell at blowes?

These are from the corporate website for US sales.

I'm sure there's money to be made in pro saws but...this doesn't seem to be where the majority of the money comes from.

Good graphs. That does put things into perspective.

The pie graphs in Mike's post are quite misleading and require some additional comment to be fully understood. The 75/25 sales pie includes all goods manufactured by Husqvarna Outdoor Products. It is not a representation of only Husqvarna branded products. It includes the 1/2 million Craftsman tractors they make for Sears, the God-knows-how-many Craftsman push mowers, the Ariens tractors sold in Home Depot, all of the Poulan handheld product, the Poulan tractors and mowers, generators and snow blowers sold through hardware channels, any other private label brands....

If you were to just look at the Husqvarna labeled product, that graph would be reversed and then some. I think it would be something like 80% dealers. Lowes and TSC only have a handful of SKU's, and they are all entry level price points. It's not like they are selling a billion dollars worth of Ranchers at the box stores. There are over 200 SKU's, most at higher price points, available through the dealer channel and they wouldn't be there if there wasn't the volume to support them.

I think we are all overestimating how much this will actually affect Husqvarna's bottom line. These saws are not going to boost up the stock much. And here's why:

Have you seen the graph of husqvarna's sales and where they come from?

L3Vb6.png

kdJ2N.png

The majority of the monies comes from tractors and walkbehind products, and the majority comes from retailers, not dealers.

Wonder why they sell at blowes?

These are from the corporate website for US sales.

I'm sure there's money to be made in pro saws but...this doesn't seem to be where the majority of the money comes from.

With all the problems with the marketing of the 562xp's I wonder when the 540xpt saws are going to get here?
Your breath - don't hold it :hmm3grin2orange: But the current word is January :msp_rolleyes:

Nah, all the silver paint really dulls it up. Nothing shiny about that saw except the plastic. Stupid silver paint. And the plastic will dull in just a few months anyway. It's a real dull, blah saw. Nothing to look at. As a matter of fact, I can't even see mine anymore. It really doesn't stand out. I look at my wall and it's like it's not even there, just a big gap where it sits. The other saws really pop though, I can vouch for that!

Back