562XP Recall Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was posted in response to a youtube comment on a husqvarnaUSA channel video regarding the 560s being recalled by the admin/"husqvarnaUSA" account:

THe original comment must have been from either an AS User or an AS peruser, which basically said that they didn't want to be a guinea pig following the recent recall

and this was husqvarnas response:

"Officially it's not a recall, recall's are for safety related issues. This is an ignition programming error that may cause the ignition to fire at the improper time. There were only 154 units sent out before we found the error so we are bringing them back to fix the ignition then we will release them back out in the field. The overall opinion on these units have been spectacular, the dealers are wanting more of these units to put on their shelves."

So the ~200 number from spike is corroborated. I'm more inclined to trust spikes source re the cylinder flaws over someone in PR whose job it is to respond to youtube comments.

link to comment here: comment is currently top comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07uYgmv220o

Last edited:
This was posted in response to a youtube comment on a husqvarnaUSA channel video regarding the 560s being recalled by the admin/"husqvarnaUSA" account:

THe original comment must have been from either an AS User or an AS peruser, which basically said that they didn't want to be a guinea pig following the recent recall

"Officially it's not a recall, recall's are for safety related issues. This is an ignition programming error that may cause the ignition to fire at the improper time. There were only 154 units sent out before we found the error so we are bringing them back to fix the ignition then we will release them back out in the field. The overall opinion on these units have been spectacular, the dealers are wanting more of these units to put on their shelves."

So the ~200 number from spike is corroborated. I'm more inclined to trust spikes source re the cylinder flaws over someone in PR whose job it is to respond to youtube comments.

link to comment here: comment is currently top comment Introducing the 562 XP. - YouTube

Pretty sure the unit I had didn't have any ignition problems, pretty sad they recalled it :( Hope they're happy with the dirty ass saw they received back in a box :hmm3grin2orange:

Pretty sure the unit I had didn't have any ignition problems, pretty sad they recalled it :( Hope they're happy with the dirty ass saw they received back in a box :hmm3grin2orange:

So do you get a brand new one? or the same one? are the ones that they inspect/replace parts on going to be sold as refurbs?

####, If you could put me into a nice 562 refurb for something close to five hundy...

I tell ya what guys, if the 562XP is that much better than the 555 (and i believe it is based on what TK has said) then it will most defentley be worth the wait. I am so proud of that 555. I cant tell ya what a joy it was to run......

So do you get a brand new one? or the same one? are the ones that they inspect/replace parts on going to be sold as refurbs?

####, If you could put me into a nice 562 refurb for something close to five hundy...

I've been told I won't get the same saws in return for what I sent back. And I better not get them back. I certainly don't want to wait that long. Bet your ass I'll be putting up a hell of a stink when I hear these saws made it back to the states. I didn't pay attention to become one of the first to get these the first time around just to end up being one of the last when they're legit.

I tell ya what guys, if the 562XP is that much better than the 555 (and i believe it is based on what TK has said) then it will most defentley be worth the wait. I am so proud of that 555. I cant tell ya what a joy it was to run......

Wish I could tell ya how they compare to each other, but I can't. I held off running the 555 just so I could run the 562. Can't take them both, too much cash on the line :msp_tongue:

Tk

I would imagine the 562XP will be a real hoss. Especially considering the Rev Boost and a half horse power is substantial IMO. At any rate I feel my dad and I will have quite possibly the best fire wood saws ever built. I cant get over just how well the autotune runs. To wit: fuel consumption as well. An incredible little saw!!!

p.s. I feel I must include that while running the autotune 555 there was ZERO adjustment period for it. It was dead on the money with max rpm first and last time I ran her!

link to comment here: comment is currently top comment Introducing the 562 XP. - YouTube

Mike, I now know what a smooth saw the 576 must be. The 555 is pure silk.

I would imagine the 562XP will be a real hoss. Especially considering the Rev Boost and a half horse power is substantial IMO. At any rate I feel my dad and I will have quite possibly the best fire wood saws ever built. I cant get over just how well the autotune runs. To wit: fuel consumption as well. An incredible little saw!!!

p.s. I feel I must include that while running the autotune 555 there was ZERO adjustment period for it. It was dead on the money with max rpm first and last time I ran her!

At first I was thrown off by the rev boost, until I realized what it was. That really took some getting used to. It definitely a spot on feature once you get acclimated to it. As far as the power difference, again I can't comment on that, I never ran the 555.

Glad your 555 was spot on, the 562 I had definitely needed that adjustment period (the simple 3-5 minutes as noted in the owner's manual) in order to get it really nailed down. After that she was a beast. Everybody at the GTG seemed impressed with it, but I had a hard time putting it in perspective up there. It seemed to be in line after some wicked ported saws so it seemed really slow to me, but who am I to judge? It's definitely smooth, couldn't feel a damn thing while cutting with it, and it's far lighter feeling than most other saws.

We'll see what happens with round 2 when they come back. I'll have one in my hands once again, I'm just upset that I had it half broken in at the time they called it back. It's not easy for a guy like me to put 5 tanks of fuel through a saw, let alone 10-12 to get it fully broken in. I won't have a chance to have a fully broken in report on this damn thing until spring/summer of next year! :bang:

Right. But Im dead serious about the autotune. If it was adjusting itself in that 3-5 minutes, it by God had me fooled. She was steady and dead on with max power the whole way....

Right on the Money

Looks like the guy at Madsens was right on the money when he told me about an ignition module problem being the reason for the recall.

The 562's are still sitting there, but they can't sell them yet. Maybe those are late enough that they'll be determined fit for duty.

Wow. You mean they didnt take Madsen's saws? Then you are prolly 100% correct about what ya said...... Thats interesting.

If they haven't been contacted for recall reasons then they have no reason not to sell the saws.

It actually is a bit more than halv a hp difference, 3.1 vs. 3.5 kW.....

How much is this going to cost them? Paying freight back on all the saws that have hit the US, good lord what a screw up, huge hit to profitability, some one in quality control needs to be seeking new employment. Dealers have waited long enough to have this on the shelf. Just think of all the freight, brokerage fees, customs, then the labor at european rates to have these saws gone over, their going to have to sell a **** load of these to cover development cost, and to cover all the cost with this recall. I hate to see it happen to this saw, Stihl needs the competition to keep them honest. Screw ups like this don't help investor confidence, in March the stock was trading at almost 59.00 now it is bumping around in the low 30.00's, analyst won't see this as a sign of confidence.
Don't take this as a reflection of quality, I think the XP's are as good as any saw on the market, Huskies management team needs to do a better job, they've been off track for awhile. This model role out could have been a huge positive, now it will never live up to what it could have been.

I would think the "vendor" would be saddled with the large majority of the costs if not all of them. I'm sure in today's business climate they at least tried to shove it down the vendors throat. Been there, done that (from a personal standpoint).

Nah I switched the Champion for an NGK. Makes all the difference.

The 562 comes with an NGK plug. One of them new fangled CMR series as opposed to the traditional BPMY's. Imagine what it could do with a bigger spark plug!!! :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back