562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

My 20" Techlite bar came in today:msp_smile:too bad they shipped the outer dawg from SC:msp_mad:

Ahh yeah, your gonna like that tommy. I like mine a lot. Looks really sharp man.

My 20" Techlite bar came in today:msp_smile:too bad they shipped the outer dawg from SC:msp_mad:

Yeah im still waiting on my outer dawg to come in too. Still have yet to see a pic of the 562 with it in place.
I might smile at mine for 5 minutes and then take it off just so I can match up the mounting holes and fab up a gnarly custom set.

Hey Mitch( Mweba) of all the saws you have ran over the years how do you think the 555 stacks up for an out of the box pro quality 60 cc saw?

Last edited:
Tommy, let us know how that outer dog works out. The stock one leaves me chasing around white pine daily:)

pic, also of course-

And if you're willing to wait for bigger spikes as the kit is on backorder at the moment - the wrap spike kit (both inner and outer with hardware) is a mere couple bucks more than buying just the standard outer. Money more wisely spent IMO.

If I recall, the price difference was less than $100 when I bought my saw. I appreciate that some will pull these saws apart and learn, take photos, teach me the differences, but really, other than aquiring knowledge, is there any reason to bother converting a 555 to a 562.

Just curious, an honest question.

thanks!

Didn't I say that, a couple of days ago? ;)

yep, and one of us must say it again soon I expect :)

Yep, and even if it was said a hundred times, the question surely would turn up again......:biggrin:

And if you're willing to wait for bigger spikes as the kit is on backorder at the moment - the wrap spike kit (both inner and outer with hardware) is a mere couple bucks more than buying just the standard outer. Money more wisely spent IMO.

good to know that TK! I was never a huge fan of big dawgs, but for dropping white pine like I am working in right now, the stock dog is frustrating, I cannot hold the tree at all

Hey Mitch( Mweba) of all the saws you have ran over the years how do you think the 555 stacks up for an out of the box pro quality 60 cc saw?

Dollar for dollar, it is tops. Best power band and the smoothest handling. With the exception of a anti vibe limiting strap and maybe a small thing or two that slips my mind, the build quality is identical to the 562. That being said, the 562 is better due to more power. I have not run the ms362 so I can't honestly comment on that price range.

I would probably buy the triple five and give it a work over if to do it all over again. I like the small mount.

well i was at my husky dealer and he sold 3 562 last week and all 3 back this week with the same problem oil leaking under the muffler from the case it looks like the gasket is to small has any one seen this problem thanks lee

good to know that TK! I was never a huge fan of big dawgs, but for dropping white pine like I am working in right now, the stock dog is frustrating, I cannot hold the tree at all

The dawg and spark screen were removed from my 560 in the shop - I mostly have no use for either, but keep them just in case! :msp_biggrin:

well i was at my husky dealer and he sold 3 562 last week and all 3 back this week with the same problem oil leaking under the muffler from the case it looks like the gasket is to small has any one seen this problem thanks lee

No problems with the ones I've sold.

Had the same problem with mine,tried to tighten the screw up but it was stripped,put in a longer screw and that took care of the leak.

Dollar for dollar, it is tops. Best power band and the smoothest handling. With the exception of a anti vibe limiting strap and maybe a small thing or two that slips my mind, the build quality is identical to the 562. That being said, the 562 is better due to more power. I have not run the ms362 so I can't honestly comment on that price range.

I would probably buy the triple five and give it a work over if to do it all over again. I like the small mount.

Its a pity they don't offer the 560xp in the US, as that is the one lots of people really want....:sad4:

no problem here- maybe 30 tanks thru the saw

I will defintely watch this just in case

This may have been covered already, but what is the difference between the 560 and 562? Just the bar mount? I heard rumours that the 560 will be available in Canada. But none of the dealers I've spoke with have got any info on them. Just the 562. I couldn't see both being available here.
It wouldn't make much sense. But neither dose a 60cc saw with a large bar mount. To me anyways.

Back