562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have been covered already, but what is the difference between the 560 and 562? Just the bar mount? I heard rumours that the 560 will be available in Canada. But none of the dealers I've spoke with have got any info on them. Just the 562. I couldn't see both being available here.
It wouldn't make much sense. But neither dose a 60cc saw with a large bar mount. To me anyways.

Mount, air filter/top cover, and I believe the 562 case is stengthened in the bar mount area - anyway, there is a .5 lbs difference, according to Swedish (Euro really) specs. Somehow, the US specs are different......:confused:

Dam, I got all excited today when the phone rang and it was my dealer with the new outer dawg.

You can imagine my disappointment to make it all the way home and into the garage before I learned they sent the wrong one.
I gave him the correct part number and I saw his order book with that number in it. Apparently someone made the ol switcharoo in the warehouse.

I didn't see an outer dawg option in the IPL for the 560 so my guess is that this was for a triple 5. I'm waiting on the dealer to sort it out.
Dam, I thought I was going to be the first to bring a pic to the table. Here is a pic of the smaller one next to the 562.

p1020807j.jpg

edit:
I dug a little further into the IPL and found the complete larger spike kit. Guess another phone call is in order to my dealer.

Last edited:
Ok so for those that havent seen the IPL yet, here is the picture for the larger dawg "kit"
The part number is 576873002

newbitmapimageux.jpg

Nice, do you have a part number for the standard size outer spike?

Outer spike 5767133101, available. The full wrap kit is listed, but backordered for a month or two. The full kit is $3 more than just the standard outer.

Error in the system at the moment I assume, the outer dog number for the 562 supercedes to the 555/560 number. Before you go having a dealer reorder anything, have them call customer service to make sure they get the numbers fixed and have the correct one sent.

Thanks TK, although I think there might be an extra 3 in your number. The IPL I have shows 576 71 31-01 for the outer dawg

Ok so for those that havent seen the IPL yet, here is the picture for the larger dawg "kit"
The part number is 576873002

newbitmapimageux.jpg

Is this the correct part number? I tried to order it along with the winter kit and that number came up with nothing? The winter kit was in, in three days however.

Is this the correct part number? I tried to order it along with the winter kit and that number came up with nothing? The winter kit was in, in three days however.

I dont think the big dawgs (wrap dawgs) are available yet. And don't get just one, the kit for both with hardware is only a couple bucks more.

Oh, ok thanks. I thought that you meant the wrap handle bar was backordered. Is that the correct part# for the whole kit?

Oh, ok thanks. I thought that you meant the wrap handle bar was backordered. Is that the correct part# for the whole kit?

Yes, that is the correct number for the kit :msp_thumbup:
End of March delivery date for current orders, not sure what the date is for previously placed orders. They vary per when they were placed.

Thanks again.
I wasn't able to order one. Dealer couldn't find the part number in the system. Guess I'll have to wait even longer.

As if the cluster****tastrophe with getting the saw wasn't bad enough, the outer dawg wrap kit is back ordered right from the get-go and the smaller outer dawg cant even be had despite it being in the IPL because of an error in the system. Its such a shame that support for this saw has fallen flat on its face despite it having such hype from HQ. The revboost debacle still angers me to no end. One could seriously compile a sticky thread with all the headaches we have had to endure with this thing and anyone who read it would decide against buying one. I certainly don't regret getting it, but I wish I didn't know it existed until it had been around a year or so.

Personally, I'd want the saw with no extra dog, or double dogs, or large dogs and definitely no wrap handle. And really don't care about or want rev-boost. But all the add-on stuff will be available at some point, for those who want it. :D

As if the cluster****tastrophe with getting the saw wasn't bad enough, the outer dawg wrap kit is back ordered right from the get-go and the smaller outer dawg cant even be had despite it being in the IPL because of an error in the system. Its such a shame that support for this saw has fallen flat on its face despite it having such hype from HQ. The revboost debacle still angers me to no end. One could seriously compile a sticky thread with all the headaches we have had to endure with this thing and anyone who read it would decide against buying one. I certainly don't regret getting it, but I wish I didn't know it existed until it had been around a year or so.

Hard to know what are just rumors, od what is true. The saw obviously are selling well, regardless of that! :smile2:

Personally, I'd want the saw with no extra dog, or double dogs, or large dogs and definitely no wrap handle. And really don't care about or want rev-boost. But all the add-on stuff will be available at some point, for those who want it. :D

I have even removed the original dawg, and have no plans of adding a wrap handle! :msp_wink:

I'd have to agree about the wrap handle. As I've never run a saw with one, nor have I ever thought, dam I wish my handle bar went all the way around.

But I do prefer the larger spike. It keeps the case off of twisted logs when bucking and limbing.

Thanks again.
I wasn't able to order one. Dealer couldn't find the part number in the system. Guess I'll have to wait even longer.

Part number is fine...... $19.32 for the complete kit..... Backordered til 3/30/12......

Personally I couldn't be happier with it. And I was very skeptical about a modern saw replacing my 262 as my main firewood saw. but with only a few tanks run through it, I'm impressed.
Its -25* here this morning. And yesterday when I had it out, it was only -2*. I'm gonna through on the winter kit and test out this autotune business in the cold.

On a side note the only thing, besides the large mount,(which I'm getting over) that I don't like about the saw, is the fact that i had to punch out the warm cylinder air opening. And try keep track of the little rubber plug until it warms up outside.

Or fab your own dawg...
4b693ee2-2fb7-9a81.jpg

Nice, I like that. But with only a grinder to work with. I fear that my custom spike would not only take a long time to get it right, but also be pretty fugly. Probably end up looking like it got hit with a pice of shrapnel or something.

Back