562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of the saws I handled had 24" Husky bars and chains.

Large mount Husky 24" is a heavy bar. I'd want an 18" or maybe a light 20".

I handled a 555 the other day with a small mount 20" and it was noticeable lighter than a 357xp.

I hope the 562xp isn't much heavier than the 555/560xp.

562xp crowned king

View attachment 214427View attachment 214428View attachment 214429View attachment 214430
Awesome man! Thanks for the review. I know you guys have a blast. Thats great.:clap:

we had our shoot out today 266se vs. 562xp .in 8 out of 8 times the 562xp won hands down.we traded saws same results.new 16 inch bars new chains.we are not racers for sure but a fair contest. i was suprised that it was not closer.logs were the ones we skidded out earlier this wk. 14 to 16 in. green ash.[you should be able to see pics. later tonight].the 562xp now has 7 tanks.this little saw is fast becoming my favorite [ only need one size] saw.it is already showing promise of becoming a legend,[is that too early to say?] please don't quote me ,262xp,272xp,wow big shoes to fill! anyway to all have a happy new year!

Last edited:
View attachment 214427View attachment 214428View attachment 214429View attachment 214430

we had our shoot out today 266se vs. 562xp .in 8 out of 8 times the 562xp won hands down.we traded saws same results.new 16 inch bars new chains.we are not racers for sure but a fair contest. i was suprised that it was not closer.logs were the ones we skidded out earlier this wk. 14 to 16 in. green ash.[you should be able to see pics. later tonight].the 562xp now has 7 tanks.this little saw is fast becoming my favorite [ only need one size] saw.it is already showing promise of becoming a legend,[is that too early to say?] please don't quote me ,262xp,272xp,wow big shoes to fill! anyway to all have a happy new year!

It would have been a big surprice if the 562xp didn't beat the 266se. ;)

20" b&c,fuel and bar oil

attachment.php

I hate to say it , but.............. from the side , the way the top cover is shaped and the angle reminds me of a Stihl :eek2:

I hate to say it , but.............. from the side , the way the top cover is shaped and the angle reminds me of a Stihl :eek2:

Well, it does seem a little 'buzzy' like a stihl:) Just kidding, I run both brands on a regular basis. My biggest problem is treemonkey made stock saws feel like terds. This saw however, is an exception.

20" b&c,fuel and bar oil

attachment.php

thank you for this, any chance you have a 372 that you can hang up there w/ 20" b/c??? I'm soo close to buying a 562 for the weight savings but I need to save a pound or better to make it worth it to drop 5-600 smackers:cheers:

Not trying to derail the thread but I weighed my 7900's both with 24" bars and chains one has a Sugi Hara light bar and the other a Windsor speed tip both full of fuel and bar oil 19.1lbs and 19.3lbs respectively so for the same price all most I think I will be sticking with the 1 pound heavier Dolmar . That is almost sad that it weighs 18lbs loaded. I am a big Husky guy and wanted a 562 in the worst way. Please don't think that I am putting the saw down I just don't see a place for it logging 1lb is not worth another saw purchase. Right now LOL

372's loaded are about 18.8lbs 24"B&C

Last edited:
thank you for this, any chance you have a 372 that you can hang up there w/ 20" b/c??? I'm soo close to buying a 562 for the weight savings but I need to save a pound or better to make it worth it to drop 5-600 smackers:cheers:

Be glad to follow up in a few days- kinda curious myself, but I usually use 24" on that saw. Beg for rep ? :)

Not trying to derail the thread but I weighed my 7900's both with 24" bars and chains one has a Sugi Hara light bar and the other a Windsor speed tip both full of fuel and bar oil 19.1lbs and 19.3lbs respectively so for the same price all most I think I will be sticking with the 1 pound heavier Dolmar . That is almost sad that it weighs 18lbs loaded. I am a big Husky guy and wanted a 562 in the worst way. Please don't think that I am putting the saw down I just don't see a place for it logging 1lb is not worth another saw purchase. Right now LOL

well my back disagrees with you:hmm3grin2orange:, I for one can certainly feel the weight difference between a 441 and a 372. I could run the bosses 441's for free but choose to run my 372 because my back hurts less lugging it around and it weighs about a pound less which may not sound like a lot but I can feel the difference.

Kinda surpised myself of the weight, as I do not feel it, maybe cause it is new and shiney, but i think the handle spacing helps. Pretty close to my 262 power wise, but it beats me up less. Little nervous about a new design. If I get a chance I will throw my 262 on the scale for comparasion. Stihl 362 is lighter.

Never ran a dolmar, but I did fondle, I mean, handle one.

Be glad to follow up in a few days- kinda curious myself, but I usually use 24" on that saw. Beg for rep ? :)

I run a 20" with an 8 pin rim, cuts fast and is long enough for most loads, we got a load of white oak in from a tree service with a big ol' 4 foot thick log in there that I might break out the 390 for:msp_thumbup:

I run a 20" with an 8 pin rim, cuts fast and is long enough for most loads, we got a load of white oak in from a tree service with a big ol' 4 foot thick log in there that I might break out the 390 for:msp_thumbup:

White oak is hard stuff for us in WI, especially when frozen. I definitely would drag out the big saw for that log. I get very few that large, but when I do it used to be a bear until I upgraded to a 395 for those suckers and now I can smile, well,, if it is a short walk anyways. lol

Latest posts

Back