562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing for sure, Husqvarna s marketing is # 1.. It has everyone going crazy and spending way to much money for a 60cc saw. All I hear is how fast it is limbing , 60 cc it better be fast in 4 inch limbs. The 346 is a limbing saw. From what I have seen the 562 is way over priced and in big wood like 24 inch the old Dolmar 116, or 6000 a OLD saw , would still hand the 562 its ass. As for limbing who needs a 800 dollar 60 cc saw. When a 346 will be just as fast.

Usually after a few tanks of fuel my hands and fingers start to bother me, but not with this saw. The old 262 might not get used much anymore.

The 560/562xp looks like there finally are a worthy replacement for the ol' 262xp - the Euro version of the MS361 was the closest before those! :cheers:

One thing for sure, Husqvarna s marketing is # 1.. It has everyone going crazy and spending way to much money for a 60cc saw. All I hear is how fast it is limbing , 60 cc it better be fast in 4 inch limbs. The 346 is a limbing saw. From what I have seen the 562 is way over priced and in big wood like 24 inch the old Dolmar 116, or 6000 a OLD saw , would still hand the 562 its ass. As for limbing who needs a 800 dollar 60 cc saw. When a 346 will be just as fast.

I don't need a $800 limbing saw, and would not have paid $700 for the 562. As for the old saws, I love em and have a few, but my body can't take the punishment anymore.

happy new year

I don't need a $800 limbing saw, and would not have paid $700 for the 562. As for the old saws, I love em and have a few, but my body can't take the punishment anymore.

happy new year

LOL! You did good man! Mowood is just a grump...:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm goin to get one too and ain't goin to pay $700 or $800 either!

LOL! You did good man! Mowood is just a grump...:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm goin to get one too and ain't goin to pay $700 or $800 either!

Hope I did not make him more grumpy. Seems some people on here are a little touchy, and that might possibly include me :)

The 562 cost me less than my ported 346xpg. Will it outcut it? Pretty close right now, but 562 is not broke in. 562 is WAY smoother, and while I say how great it is for limbing, I prolly dropped about 50 trees with it so far and the saw is so quiet and smooth that I have a better feel for my cuts. I must admit I am at a point where speed and money are not at the top of my list most of the time. I was one of those guys that said recently ' no strato for me, no autotune'. Well, I pulled my head outta the sand. I want to keep doing this for years to come.

Thanks for setting a pleasant tone Sunfish !

happy new year

You didnt make me mad,LOL and Im not always grumpy. I can not justify or would not pay that kind of cash for a 60cc saw that is not even close to being proven, I doubt it will ever be what the 116 was. I like some of the older saws to, not to old though. But I have went through quite a cycle of saw use, I used to love the 50cc saws light and fast, then I bought a couple bucket trucks and a dump truck and started cutting alot of bigger stuff, got to were anything under 70cc was a pain in my ass. Then I got old, this yr and am back to running my 50 cc saws and wondering what the hell I need all these 80-120 cc saws for! LOL

You didnt make me mad,LOL and Im not always grumpy. I can not justify or would not pay that kind of cash for a 60cc saw that is not even close to being proven, I doubt it will ever be what the 116 was. I like some of the older saws to, not to old though. But I have went through quite a cycle of saw use, I used to love the 50cc saws light and fast, then I bought a couple bucket trucks and a dump truck and started cutting alot of bigger stuff, got to were anything under 70cc was a pain in my ass. Then I got old, this yr and am back to running my 50 cc saws and wondering what the hell I need all these 80-120 cc saws for! LOL

All good, too many of us get heated up over words and posts on this site. I do agree with you about the sizing somewhat- I even posted here as one of my first posts that I would not buy a 562 till they had been in the woods for year. So much for that , darn AS and CAD. I do think if you must pay $800 you should check prices elsewhere as that seems way high. I kinda caved, partly year end expense, partly listening to my kid ask what saws would be like in twenty years, and thinking maybe I should try one. Never smashed a saw, had three stolen, and two of those recovered. My saw expenses have been very reasonable compared to most people I know, so I pulled the trigger. Heck I think I paid close to as much for a saw pre 2000.

Up until this saw, I ran my ported 346 and something bigger, either 262,357 or 395 depending on what was next to cut in the stand. The stand is about 17 acres clearcut, mixed hardwoods with some decentsize oak, black oak and white, average 36" DBH. I have not cut anything bigger than 18" yet with the saw, but while it may weigh a little more than the 346, it hangs off me just right, and winds up excellent. Vibration is not an issue. My hands have not fallen asleep at night as is the case after running the other saws, no cold fingers(even without heated handles) and no cramping in the fingers or hands. I feel like I went on vacation.

I was previously concerned about being a guinea-pig, but worth the risk to me at this point.

There would be no fun here, if opinions and how we look at things all were the same! :biggrinbounce2:

Heavy, like what JJ? 372/440 heavy?
I really want to like this saw, but the outboard clutch is one strike. The price is another strike, I just keep thinking for the money the 365 special is looking more appealing all the time.

Heavy, like what JJ? 372/440 heavy?
I really want to like this saw, but the outboard clutch is one strike. The price is another strike, I just keep thinking for the money the 365 special is looking more appealing all the time.

:msp_confused: Heavy compared to what? :msp_confused:

Not quite as heavy as a 372 or 440. There were both new 562s and 357s on the shelf with 24" bars and chains.
Handling both, it felt as if the 562 is half a pound to 2/3 of a pound or so heavier. The ergonomics of the 562
were more appealing to me however, and even though from a distance the chassis of the 562 looks longer it really
isn't enough to tell when you have it in your hands. I didn't get to run it but just handling it for ten minutes and
checking over the features leads me to believe it will be the next new saw I will ever buy. They said they'll have
one out for demo next week so I'm going back in to log test it at that time.

Not quite as heavy as a 372 or 440. There were both new 562s and 357s on the shelf with 24" bars and chains.
Handling both, it felt as if the 562 is half a pound to 2/3 of a pound or so heavier. The ergonomics of the 562
were more appealing to me however, and even though from a distance the chassis of the 562 looks longer it really
isn't enough to tell when you have it in your hands. I didn't get to run it but just handling it for ten minutes and
checking over the features leads me to believe it will be the next new saw I will ever buy. They said they'll have
one out for demo next week so I'm going back in to log test it at that time.

Hmmmm - the 562 should be a little lighter than the 357, even after the numbers were adjusted up a bit - but you are right that it is longer. Anyway, we have the somewhat lighter 560xp here, not the 562xp.

I really want to like this saw, but the outboard clutch is one strike.

I much prefer an inboard clutch for changing chains and sprockets, for cleaning the saw, etc. But I do like the balance on my Husqvarna - not sure if it applies to all outboard clutch designs.

There were both new 562s and 357s on the shelf with 24" bars and chains. Handling both, it felt as if the 562 is half a pound to 2/3 of a pound or so heavier.

Bar weight makes a big difference. I was handling saws at a dealer recently, and was really surprised how much difference there was in balance and weight between a 24" and 28" bar.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back