572xp or 395xp for 28-36” B&C?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s difficult to get in there underneath the factory deflector. You could cut the sides of the deflector and then bend it up to do all your work. Make sure you deburr everything inside and don’t go so deep into the baffle that you can no longer reach it with any of your tooling. And then braze or weld the deflector back down. Or screw your new deflector back in its place. Make sure your hole is completely covered by the deflector or it will burn your brake handle

Yeah, I think to start I’ll just grind the factory deflector off and scribe the inside dimensions of the WCS port over the hole and open up the baffle as usual (drill two 1/2” holes and open those up to a square hole with the dremel). I will be back with an update once it comes in and the work is done.

Okay all,
It’s been a while now, and I have been pretty happy with the 572xp-g. It came with a 20” bar and I bought a 28”as well. I did add a WCS muffler port in place of the factory port and advanced the timing. It runs the 28” bar okay but not perfect. I will still snag a bigger saw when I get the chance.

The chain speed of the 572 with the 20” bar is to die for. I now realize that I was definitely running too much bar for my previous saw(s). This has been a game changer to this newbie, and I appreciate everyone’s replies.
Thank you,
Andrew

Back