576 xp autotune starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsifreak28

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else with the autotune system has similar issue....
everytime i go to start my 575 xp autotune saw I need to choke it even after its warmed up this is a brand new saw is this normal or does other people have the same issue?

Should that be 576?

And no, that shouldn't be required. My saw is choke till it pops, choke off and it starts.

From reading here there is a L adjustment only on the autotune carb - have to wonder about this setting if the saw needs choke to run. Or something bigger is amiss.

Back to the selling dealer if I were you.

Should that be 576?

And no, that shouldn't be required. My saw is choke till it pops, choke off and it starts.

From reading here there is a L adjustment only on the autotune carb - have to wonder about this setting if the saw needs choke to run. Or something bigger is amiss.

I have a 555 and from what I have seen and read there are NO provisions for any adjustments...maybe if you take the cover off the carb? I would run it for a bit and if it doesn't clear up take it back to the dealer. My 555 runs and starts flawlessly.

Yes sorry 576 it runs great! I can run it fine with choke off fully but if i shut the saw off and go to restart it
or if it cools down a little i need to choke it to get it started again.
That means sitting the saw down on the ground the safe way and pulling it no more of the give it a yank in the air and fires up.. maybe im not pulling the cord hard enough i had a brand new trimmer once that didnt even have a choke on it the choke lever just opened the throttle a little it got to be a pain to start so i ended up putting a walbro carb on it that had a choke.

I was just wondering if anyone else with the autotune system has similar issue....
everytime i go to start my 575 xp autotune saw I need to choke it even after its warmed up this is a brand new saw is this normal or does other people have the same issue?

For a hot/warm start you should be pulling the choke out, then push it back in before you crank it.

Should that be 576?

As I understand it, it isn't really a L adjustment, and it certainly isn't meant to me used as such. Also, I believe it only is on the 550xp (and maybe 545?) - not on the larger saws?

Brand new is key here. Get some time on it and it'll likely iron itself out.

It's possible that its just very new even though it says the auto tune is supose to adjust itself for quality of fuel I wonder if not so great fuel or oil I didnt mix the fuel for it my uncle did i did make sure the mixture was the same.

Latest posts

Back