61/272 conversion question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbilly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've looked and I'm sure it's been discussed on here but if I stay with the 163 carb how will it affect performance. Also how much should I open the muffler?
eb294c4cb05e9fb9304930f6a5123064.jpg
fa59f38fffd8c1c75c24d737e94fc6c4.jpg

Anybody have any experience with the Chinese walbro reproduction? How bout the baffle in the center?

I have split several without special tools, despite warnings and misgivings. Although it has always been successful for me, the tap tap tap process seems like it requires excessive force and I always worried that something expensive would break. There are many descriptions here of relatively simple shop made tools. I graduated to a small arbor press with wooden jigs and then bought an officical tool. It too will force an occasional POP that sounds catastrophic, but those magnesium cases must be tough. Maybe you can borrow one. Simonian rents them.

When I put it back together should I leave the gasket dry or use some type of sealant. The reason I'm splitting is the gasket spit out on top of the oil tank.

I've had an odd issue with one, the spark plug wire is short by a little so is lays on the cylinder and bleeds spark.... and I've had terrible luck with the Brazilian Husqvarna Ignition parts BTW.

Has anyone else had trouble with these saws pushing oil out like the tank is pressurized

Latest posts

Back