660vs395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 394 395 alot usaly with a 32 or lnger bar . Thwet do suck fuel and ar heavy .
I also had a MS 600 that messed up on me two ! Dealres gave me a run around s oI had it fixed (a helicoil ! ) and sold it on Ebay . Bought myself a vacation ! If I could I would run a MS 660 and have good ealer support . i ma sick of Sthils are perfect they never let a flawed pieces out blah blah . All companies make mistakes all assmbiles lines will mess up from time to time . so why the BS

That beingsaid i find the 395 is a overall better saw heftery but maybe it is me it seems ot eat though stuff that had my MS660 slowing down same chain type and bar lenght . bothargood saw and will serve you well if usedand takencare of . .
But the husky need less repairs and lessdown time . hopefully they will change the clutch in them soon and add a bit more power .

Alos If Stihl would let us buy m on line it would be nice . . I know I would have both .

Thall if you can tell your guys to to work with deaelrs , . and long time customers . I mean the guy could have given men a new power at cost o rsaid here takethe demo I was a long time (15 years ) customer . But no he wanted to make a few bucks and lost a long time customer becuse he was over chargerging and asking 100 bucks an hour shop work my husky guy has done stuff for free . So yeah I go back buy stuff xtra chains if I need em a bar or just basicsr tuff lke chain liube andoil for the fuel mix . lower priceeven forhigh endstuff . in the end that what amtters service and price .
So I use Huskys uhntill I cn find a good Sthil dealre or get them online and such
I would haplly use both , but my experince with Stihl dealres has truned me off .
Thall take note
If Thet treat a longtime customer liiea crap imgine how they treat a new customer?
Botha gratsaws
So if yo uare lucky andcan foind a Stihl dealre who is not gona BS yopu and treatyopu rioght get a MS 660 anda 395 from husky you can't go wrong .
just do not put a small bar on tem Why ? usea smaller sdaw my hasuly 575 is great with 32 - 20 inch bars i do not think i would put a 16 inch bar on it whni have a saw for that . thoughit could run it but why . Way to much power got a small bar .

I keep the 575 in my truck incasew . it has no let me down i hoope Husly is goingot make more pro saws like it a 395 like it I think theynare any waysas they eem tove sloewy changing the modle numbers

So what does all this mean???

Seems to me that both are so close that any more comparing is pretty moot!

Go with what you like!!!

That would ruin a good ole' Husky/Stihl arguement with common sense....That would take all the fun out of it...Then we might as well shut down the whole damm site:ices_rofl:

...I was supposed to have two guys helping,and both of them laid out...They might just get another day off on Monday as well..

I have a saying for when that happens to me, no call, no show, no job. It only happens once to me. You ain't gonna show, you don't have a job.:angry:

Go with what you like!!!

That would ruin a good ole' Husky/Stihl arguement with common sense....That would take all the fun out of it...Then we might as well shut down the whole damm site:ices_rofl:

Not really. If I had made the above post at the beginning of this thread then your post would have merit. We have seen the proof that you posted!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Timberhauler
...I was supposed to have two guys helping,and both of them laid out...They might just get another day off on Monday as well..

I have a saying for when that happens to me, no call, no show, no job. It only happens once to me. You ain't gonna show, you don't have a job.:angry:

Yep I used to tell guys

"If you don't want to come to work or you don't want to do your job, I'll grant your wish for you"

It always seemed to get the point across.

I thought it was a good post, Gives credit due.

Read my post............

Go with what you like!!!

I didn't knock the test that Timberhauler gave..............I merely said that at this point comparing the two saws anymore is moot as they are pretty close!!!

I run 394 395 alot usaly with a 32 or lnger bar . Thwet do suck fuel and ar heavy .
I also had a MS 600 that messed up on me two ! Dealres gave me a run around s oI had it fixed (a helicoil ! ) and sold it on Ebay . Bought myself a vacation ! If I could I would run a MS 660 and have good ealer support . i ma sick of Sthils are perfect they never let a flawed pieces out blah blah . All companies make mistakes all assmbiles lines will mess up from time to time . so why the BS

That beingsaid i find the 395 is a overall better saw heftery but maybe it is me it seems ot eat though stuff that had my MS660 slowing down same chain type and bar lenght . bothargood saw and will serve you well if usedand takencare of . .
But the husky need less repairs and lessdown time . hopefully they will change the clutch in them soon and add a bit more power .

Alos If Stihl would let us buy m on line it would be nice . . I know I would have both .

Thall if you can tell your guys to to work with deaelrs , . and long time customers . I mean the guy could have given men a new power at cost o rsaid here takethe demo I was a long time (15 years ) customer . But no he wanted to make a few bucks and lost a long time customer becuse he was over chargerging and asking 100 bucks an hour shop work my husky guy has done stuff for free . So yeah I go back buy stuff xtra chains if I need em a bar or just basicsr tuff lke chain liube andoil for the fuel mix . lower priceeven forhigh endstuff . in the end that what amtters service and price .
So I use Huskys uhntill I cn find a good Sthil dealre or get them online and such
I would haplly use both , but my experince with Stihl dealres has truned me off .
Thall take note
If Thet treat a longtime customer liiea crap imgine how they treat a new customer?
Botha gratsaws
So if yo uare lucky andcan foind a Stihl dealre who is not gona BS yopu and treatyopu rioght get a MS 660 anda 395 from husky you can't go wrong .
just do not put a small bar on tem Why ? usea smaller sdaw my hasuly 575 is great with 32 - 20 inch bars i do not think i would put a 16 inch bar on it whni have a saw for that . thoughit could run it but why . Way to much power got a small bar .

I keep the 575 in my truck incasew . it has no let me down i hoope Husly is goingot make more pro saws like it a 395 like it I think theynare any waysas they eem tove sloewy changing the modle numbers

Well hello Mountain Man. I must say you don't post much but when you do its a mouth full. I've tried to grasp all that your saying there but piecing it all together it seems you got a Stihl dealer that doesn't like you anymore more than you like him. That may explain the 100.00 hour labor your referring to. I've never heard of any dealer charging that much but I will admit I've had some customers I'd like to charge that much to and even more though I never have ripped off any customer no matter how much of a pita they are. Only thing I can tell ya is go Husky 100% if you got Husky dealer treating you good or find another Stihl dealer that will treat you right if you want to continue to use Stihl saws. See now that wasn't hard to stettle. If you were in my area I'd treat ya right but since your not I don't know what else to tell ya.

Man...I just got in from another 660 vs 395 bout again...I had another big oak to cut down and chunk up and load by hand....I used the 395 for about half the day when we got down to the smaller part of the trunk...Then I broke out the 440 and handled it from there....The 395 is considerably rough on one's back.:chainsaw:

Well hello Mountain Man. I must say you don't post much but when you do its a mouth full. I've tried to grasp all that your saying there but piecing it all together it seems you got a Stihl dealer that doesn't like you anymore more than you like him. That may explain the 100.00 hour labor your referring to. I've never heard of any dealer charging that much but I will admit I've had some customers I'd like to charge that much to and even more though I never have ripped off any customer no matter how much of a pita they are. Only thing I can tell ya is go Husky 100% if you got Husky dealer treating you good or find another Stihl dealer that will treat you right if you want to continue to use Stihl saws. See now that wasn't hard to stettle. If you were in my area I'd treat ya right but since your not I don't know what else to tell ya.

Hey Thall yeah i tend ot have laot to say . I am working on the typing no thnks to a gruondy who thought a butt was more important than watching ropes but any way it is not just me with this guy . i know a few others who are find him to be a PITA sadly I was just stunned the guy could not odathing for meafter buying stuff from him for at least 15 - 20 years he was ok forawhile but now i rarely see any one in his sign in his sop I lke both saw the other Stihl guy is msotly a onmsumer dealer ok as far as that goes . and another is so over pirced i gave i up I would run both given the chance bothHsusky ans Sthil make goodsaws I love a , MS660 to go with mt othe saw . I had a MS460 i sold anda few others . the Huskly guy is great works on any saw .
hey If you wer in my are i prbably be dong bussines with you

I do te same with my clients treat em well they coem back and every one is happy . :cheers:

Read my post............

I didn't knock the test that Timberhauler gave..............I merely said that at this point comparing the two saws anymore is moot as they are pretty close!!!

If all youi count isspeed the 395 is faster run both of them and times them on the same logcutting cookies , same tyep of chain bar lenght fuel ect same operatpor me . bot thare good sas i give the nod in thiscase to the 395 it is one powerful saw and seems ot have just a bit more grunt both saw wer stock un modded ect . same day both are fast but hefty depnds on your body really . I would have both itf I could any one havea messed up 660 il give ya beer

After spending many hours behind that 395 today...I'm hoping I don't have to look at it for a while....It's one thing to pick it up and make a few cuts or felling trees...But having to cut a 30 inch 50 ft long water oak logs into three inch thick discs will make you sick of any chainsaw.

If all youi count isspeed the 395 is faster run both of them and times them on the same logcutting cookies , same tyep of chain bar lenght fuel ect same operatpor me . bot thare good sas i give the nod in thiscase to the 395 it is one powerful saw and seems ot have just a bit more grunt both saw wer stock un modded ect . same day both are fast but hefty depnds on your body really . I would have both itf I could any one havea messed up 660 il give ya beer

With all due respect..............use the spell check!!!

Reading this.........I feel like I downed a six pack in about 2 minutes then read it!!!:givebeer:

After spending many hours behind that 395 today...I'm hoping I don't have to look at it for a while....It's one thing to pick it up and make a few cuts or felling trees...But having to cut a 30 inch 50 ft long water oak logs into three inch thick discs will make you sick of any chainsaw.

Timber ya just getting old ole boy. Ya wife has kept ya handcuffed too long and your getting soft in ya old age, wink!

Facts be known all saws get heavy at the end of the day, especailly them biggins........

Back