661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huskihl

huskihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
With the amount of mix l run through some of my saws each year, by not running expensive 100% ester oils leaves me enough money in my pocket to replace the entire saw. So l do not find expensive oil cheap insurance. lf your capable of cleaning a spark plug, piston crown and exhaust port occasionally their are far better oils to use than full synthetics in any case. There are SOME benefits to synthetics but the negatives far out way the positives. Why would you want to run an oil that promotes blow by in any case. Semi synthetics are where it is at kinda the best of both worlds. l know l go against the grain making this statement and sit in a flame suit as l write this post but there are just such better options out there to increase service life of a saw...full synthetics do quite the opposite (but they are clean). lt's simply a myth to believe they offer better protection. Marketing has a lot to do with this.

Raise the price and they will come. Hahaha

Andyshine77
With the amount of mix l run through some of my saws each year, by not running expensive 100% ester oils leaves me enough money in my pocket to replace the entire saw. So l do not find expensive oil cheap insurance. lf your capable of cleaning a spark plug, piston crown and exhaust port occasionally their are far better oils to use than full synthetics in any case. There are SOME benefits to synthetics but the negatives far out way the positives. Why would you want to run an oil that promotes blow by in any case. Semi synthetics are where it is at kinda the best of both worlds. l know l go against the grain making this statement and sit in a flame suit as l write this post but there are just such better options out there to increase service life of a saw...full synthetics do quite the opposite (but they are clean). lt's simply a myth to believe they offer better protection. Marketing has a lot to do with this.

Marketing plays a role in most things, now more than ever. With that said the benefits of Ester based or even PAO oils is not really arguable, the numbers alone tell a big part of the story. It's your equipment and you're free to use what you want, but to say their far better oils is simply false information. Comparable would be a better choice of words. I've seen the results and differences between syn and semi syn oils myself, there is no comparison IMHO. I actually find buying a gallon or 1/2 gallon of oil at a time not all that expensive. H1R is in fact one of the more expensive 2T oils you can buy at $68 a gallon.

Now lets get back on track and let the OP do his thing and see what happens.

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
No more than I run ill stick with H1R in my ported saws but if I was using alota oil in a business Id stick with Lucas for the price. All my customers with stock equipment get a refill of e free mixed with Lucas at 50:1 and tuned there because I know thats what they will mix at. I recommend Lucas to all customers

Moparmyway

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
Flash point on 800 2T is actually 485

https://m.motul.com/system/product_...Factory_Line_Off_Road_TDS_(GB).pdf?1388420010

I think that ya'll will find 800 2T to be a far superior oil than most anything on the market.
Yup, 800 2T was super clean when I looked through my borescope, but so was R50, H1R, and K2 .............. I haven't run enough Lucas yet, but some of the pictures of Hedgerows saw innards were convincing enough for me to get some.

I am running VP SEF, like you, and I think that is why we see 800 as virtually spotless.
I will be trying one of the oils in pump gas with ethanol so I can see what the same oil ratio from the same oil bottle does with VP vs pump E10 (allways tested at E15 or higher)

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Yup, 800 2T was super clean when I looked through my borescope, but so was R50, H1R, and K2 .............. I haven't run enough Lucas yet, but some of the pictures of Hedgerows saw innards were convincing enough for me to get some.

I am running VP SEF, like you, and I think that is why we see 800 as virtually spotless.
I will be trying one of the oils in pump gas with ethanol so I can see what the same oil ratio from the same oil bottle does with VP vs pump E10 (allways tested at E15 or higher)
Ive been running 1/2 gallon Sunoco 110 with 1/2 gallon e free 87 mixed with 4oz of H1R. The higher octane probably isnt producing as much power as the 87 but the combination burns very clean

Moparmyway

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
No more than I run ill stick with H1R in my ported saws but if I was using alota oil in a business Id stick with Lucas for the price. All my customers with stock equipment get a refill of e free mixed with Lucas at 50:1 and tuned there because I know thats what they will mix at. I recommend Lucas to all customers
I have a bunch of "regulars" and I had to rebuild a couple of saws due to me tuning with some E free gas. They went and filled up at the pump, mixed @ 32:1 with good oil and scored the crraaap out of their 2 saws they just got back from me. They were so lean that I thought they developed an air leak at first, but couldn't find anything wrong ............ retuned with pump ethanol after a new piston and rings, and they are still running good today

On customers saws or 2 cycle equipment, I fill and tune on pump gas with ethanol.
Better to have them tuned with what they will most likely be run with

Moparmyway

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
Ive been running 1/2 gallon Sunoco 110 with 1/2 gallon e free 87 mixed with 4oz of H1R. The higher octane probably isnt producing as much power as the 87 but the combination burns very clean
I was using 110LL as well, but didn't like the deposits it was leaving, plus I considered my little ones and decided that VP was just a little more $$ than the 110LL. My equipment runs WAY better on VP than it ever did on 110LL.

Try it one day .............. you might be surprised by the difference

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
I have a bunch of "regulars" and I had to rebuild a couple of saws due to me tuning with some E free gas. They went and filled up at the pump, mixed @ 32:1 with good oil and scored the crraaap out of their 2 saws they just got back from me. They were so lean that I thought they developed an air leak at first, but couldn't find anything wrong ............ retuned with pump ethanol after a new piston and rings, and they are still running good today

On customers saws or 2 cycle equipment, I fill and tune on pump gas with ethanol.
Better to have them tuned with what they will most likely be run with
Ya I tell them all to buy the e free which is local in our area or to use sef and I also recommend the lucas for the quality and the price point.

MustangMike
I don't worry about the numbers anymore, i'm gonna keep using Lucas semi-synthetic 32:1 if something grenades so be it.

Do you really use Lucas semi-synthetic?? Do ya??? Do ya ???? Hard to believe this is the same person who made fum of me for over mentioning HD-2 filters and dp muff covers!!!! Go mix some oil! I think I've seen you mention Lucas about 50 times already.

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Do you really use Lucas semi-synthetic?? Do ya??? Do ya ???? Hard to believe this is the same person who made fum of me for over mentioning HD-2 filters and dp muff covers!!!! Go mix some oil! I think I've seen you mention Lucas about 50 times already.
Whoa!!! Lol!! U been drinkin Columbian Caffeine this morning!!

Latest posts