661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a property of esters. They are poor storage oils, period. And I have never seen a rust preventative in a pre mix oil.
Zinc, Calcium are two of many multi functional additives, that provide corrosion resistance.

Come on man, you don't know what you think you do.

I think it's a mistake to throw R50 out. We have far too many positive experiences documented here to deny it.

Too thick to get into all the areas of a saw? I don't understand. The are two crank bearings, two rod bearings, and a cylinder wall. I can't remotely imagine that being an issue.

Glazing? Is that even possible on a NiSi plated cylinder?

With that said, I'm most interested in:
800 2T
R50
H1-R

Super M

I have the same list to this! IMO i wouldve gone with 800 but ole walker talking about the metals in it and its not FD rated has made me lean toward 710.
I'm looking forward to pictures to show cleanliness of a 710 piston as there hasnt really been much about said oil.
I do believe motul have some switched on chemists!

Dont forget 710!

I have the same list to this! IMO i wouldve gone with 800 but ole walker talking about the metals in it and its not FD rated has made me lean toward 710.
I'm looking forward to pictures to show cleanliness of a 710 piston as there hasnt really been much about said oil.
I do believe motul have some switched on chemists!
Lemme get this straight ..................
You tell me not to forget about an oil, then you ask about it like you never used it o_O

710 is not on the list due to it being real thin like for injection oil systems ......... it could work

Here is my MM461R with 8 gal. Of sunoco110/87 efree for 98.5 octane @ 32:1 with motul 800t offroad. Its tuned to 14200 and last several tanks was used in 36" wood wot. Exhaust port and piston was wet and oily but the piston top had buildup. The 3rd pic is just wiping the piston top with a rag and WD40. Most of the buildup was soft. Not sure what oil Randy used in it or what Chad used when he dyno it? Last picture is all cleaned and ready to try R50!!View attachment 422060 View attachment 422061View attachment 422062 View attachment 422063View attachment 422064
Looks to me like you've been running quite rich.

Zinc, Calcium are two of many multi functional additives, that provide corrosion resistance.

Come on man, you don't know what you think you do.
Zinc provides zero protection from corrosion, Calcium does, but the amounts found in two cycle oil are almost useless as a corrosion inhibitor.
And I would say YOU don't know what you think you do..

Muffler is wet with unburnt oil too.
Well whatever folks wanna think. Personally I dont like to work with a saw tuned at 14200 and higher but thats what the piston looked like after 8 gals at 32to1 of 800t. No way around it. Like I said before though alil buildup on the crown dont bother me

Well whatever folks wanna think. Personally I dont like to work with a saw tuned at 14200 and higher but thats what the piston looked like after 8 gals at 32to1 of 800t. No way around it. Like I said before though alil buildup on the crown dont bother me
I guess the softer part I wiped away was the ash content and the depoist left that were hard is carbon?

Back