661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flame away here but what is wrong with OEM oil?
I keep wondering the same thing , over hear stihl and husqvarna will give u 4 years warranty if u buy a couple bottles of there oil with a new saw and 1 year commercial warranty , call it marketing or ripping u off selling overpriced oils or whatever but these companies know alot about chainsaws and if there confident in there oil so am i.
The fallers i talk to tell me they put around 15 litres of fuel a day through 395's 6 days a week for around 7 months a year and will easely get 2 seasons out of a saw , going through 4 or 5 chains a week using nothing but husky xp oil
There saws would probibly do more work in a month than 90% of saws do in a life time and were the ones using motorcross bike oils worrying about saws siezing and a little carbon buildup :clap:

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: 153 pages wow I think I will stay with what I'm doing. I really think its simple use what you feel comfortable with. We, my brothers and I have used A little sthil oil very little, A lot of Amsoil, couple cases of Shindiwa, any of the saws we have opened up to look at have all looked fine. We have seen none of the carbine build up, like some of the pictures shown. The only saw that I have had a problem with was a Jonsered 2054 I bought new in '93 . I was using OEM Jonsered in it. It carboned up bad. I then started using Amsoil @40:1 problem stopped. I have a quart of Lucas that I am going to try. A friend on here that lives in southwest Mo.that cuts a lot more Wood than most of you says he gets along fine with it.

I think this has been a very interesting thread. I do know Carbon build up is not your friend.

Latest posts

Back