661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some of this video was run on h1r 45:1 and some of it on motul 800 45:1. Temps were approx 5-7F apart between the two. H1R reading about 299F and 800 reading 305F times were nearly identical as well. Didn't notice much difference between the two.

I do have some motul 800 45:1 and 32:1 mixed up. I may have time to run some cuts between the two tomorrow. note: I had to give the thermo gun back to my friend as he needs it for work for a few days or so. So it'll only be timed stuff. Main thing I would be looking for would be huge slow down in time like h1r going from 45:1 to 32:1.

Without a temperature sensor in the cylinder exhaust port, the actual combustion temperature is hard to determine. Nevertheless thanks for posting your findings, even though I disagree with some of your methods.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

All my saws seem happy with 40:1, I see no reason to change. It is like using a 165 gr bullet in a 30-06 while some argue for 180 gr and others argue for 150 gr. My ballistic testing showed that bullet construction is more important than wt, so I actually use a 168 gr Barnes.
Barnes are great for shooting an animal in the vitals and having it run off like nothing happened. Especially in a 30 ought 6.

Barnes are great for shooting an animal in the vitals and having it run off like nothing happened. Especially in a 30 ought 6.
o_O Not in my experience. But everyone has a different story. Controlled expansion of an X Bullet might be a factor at long range if it didn't hit bone, but if you touch a rib with one it's a different ball of wax. Another one I like is the Swift scirocco. It's been my favorite ballistic tip for guaranteed but controlled expansion, at least in a 300 ultramag.
Oh and by the way. Picked up 2 gallons of fd certified citgo sea and snow at the co-op. $22/gal. Gonna be til fall before I get to it tho.

bullet on flesh or ballistic gel block, night and day difference when you add clothes or hide or bone or cartilage into the mix

impact velocity &
State of CNS (central nervous system) for example of the animal is on "alert" generally the bullet will "perform" not as effectively.

also play huge roles in how well a bullet "performs".

bullet on flesh or ballistic gel block, night and day difference when you add clothes or hide or bone or cartilage into the mix

impact velocity &
State of CNS (central nervous system) for example of the animal is on "alert" generally the bullet will "perform" not as effectively.

also play huge roles in how well a bullet "performs".
I asked my 300UM the other day about the deer's cns. He didn't think much of it. His big brother, the 338UM just laughed.

Neighbor took a doe with a 338 lapua shooting 300 grain Berger. It took out a chunk of off side shoulder and was a touch over 500 yards

o_O Not in my experience. But everyone has a different story. Controlled expansion of an X Bullet might be a factor at long range if it didn't hit bone, but if you touch a rib with one it's a different ball of wax. Another one I like is the Swift scirocco. It's been my favorite ballistic tip for guaranteed but controlled expansion, at least in a 300 ultramag.
Oh and by the way. Picked up 2 gallons of fd certified citgo sea and snow at the co-op. $22/gal. Gonna be til fall before I get to it tho.
Sea and Snow is an injector oil.. Redbull is probaly trembling at the thought of all that solvent.
I shot an elk at under 50 yards last year with a 180gr TTSX from a 300 ultra at 3400fps. The elk showed no reaction at the shot and ran 70 yards before tipping over. No blood trail till the last ten yards. On side should was broken at the elbow and off side was intact but bloodshot to hell. Exit hole was hard to find.. nickel sized.
In 13 I shot an antelope 3 times with a 25-06 ai and a 100gr tsx at 33350 fps.Reacted to each shot but wasn't going down. All shots where classic behind the shoulder shots.
I have had them wprk well too, but have also seen some really wonky stuff.

The 300um and a 165 no bt is pretty damn decisiveness crop damage deer. As in I have never had one run at all. Just don't shoot them where there is meat..
First kill with the 338RUM was 150 yds through a small opening in the woods. Freehand. Saw the bull and waited for him to take 1 more step. He did. I shot. Bull went down.
I hit it above the lungs and below the spine. No man's land. Took off the top half of both lungs and eliminated 8" of spine. 250gr Swift Aframe

Sea and Snow is an injector oil.. Redbull is probaly trembling at the thought of all that solvent.
I shot an elk at under 50 yards last year with a 180gr TTSX from a 300 ultra at 3400fps. The elk showed no reaction at the shot and ran 70 yards before tipping over. No blood trail till the last ten yards. On side should was broken at the elbow and off side was intact but bloodshot to hell. Exit hole was hard to find.. nickel sized.
In 13 I shot an antelope 3 times with a 25-06 ai and a 100gr tsx at 33350 fps.Reacted to each shot but wasn't going down. All shots where classic behind the shoulder shots.
I have had them wprk well too, but have also seen some really wonky stuff.
I'm OK with it being an injector/premix oil. At 32:1 I'd bet a couple paychecks it'll be just fine

Latest posts

Back