661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US never signed the Hague convention and is currently using open tip match bullets AKA hollow points in combat.
I have shot animals with bullets nearly identical to those used in the civil war.. the damage is paltry compared to something like a Berger VLD.
You can add bullets to the list of subjects you don't have a clue about..
Again it looks like everybody is wrong but you, anybody that can read can tell the difference though.

The US never signed the Hague convention and is currently using open tip match bullets AKA hollow points in combat.
I never stated the US "signed" anything, I said "abide by" Declaration #3. The US did ratify the three treaties, but not the three additional declarations. The US has also never ratified Declaration #2, which prohibits the use of projectiles spreading poisonous gas... but that don't mean we ain't abiding by it. And there's a loop hole in the Haque Convention, any and all participants of a conflict must have ratified and/or be abiding by before it is in effect... meaning if the other side ain't abiding, you're not required to.

And hollow points in combat??
The current standard issue round used by the Marine Corps is the M855... which a full metal jacket bullet.
The current standard issue round used by the Army is the M855A1... which is the (bu!!$h!t) "environmentally friendly" version of the full metal jacket bullet.
Military police are authorized to use hollow point bullets on military installations for law enforcement... not enemy combat.
Some special purpose sniper rounds use match-grade bullets (which may be of hollow point design)... there are two arguments used in their defense...
1) Reduction of collateral damage from over penetration.
2) Match bullets (even match hollow points) are not designed to kill, they are not designed to expand, flatten, or otherwise deform inside the human body, they are designed to punch tight little groups on paper and nothing else... which, although it is splitting hairs, technically complies with Declaration #3.

I have shot animals with bullets nearly identical to those used in the civil war.. the damage is paltry compared to something like a Berger VLD.
Your full of crap... yep... that's what I said... full-of-crap.
Anyone who would state they've shot Civil War bullets into flesh and describe the damage as "paltry" compared to a modern jacketed bullet is flat-out making stuff up as he goes.
A traditional 12 gauge shotgun slug does more damage than a VLD... and the slug will disintegrate both shoulders of a large mid-western deer, exit the other side, and continue down range with enough energy remaining to kill a man.

I never stated the US "signed" anything, I said "abide by" Declaration #3. The US did ratify the three treaties, but not the three additional declarations. The US has also never ratified Declaration #2, which prohibits the use of projectiles spreading poisonous gas... but that don't mean we ain't abiding by it. And there's a loop hole in the Haque Convention, any and all participants of a conflict must have ratified and/or be abiding by before it is in effect... meaning if the other side ain't abiding, you're not required to.

The current standard issue round used by the Marine Corps is the M855... which a full metal jacket bullet.
The current standard issue round used by the Army is the M855A1... which is the (bu!!$h!t) "environmentally friendly" version of the full metal jacket bullet.
Military police are authorized to use hollow point bullets on military installations for law enforcement... not enemy combat.
Some special purpose sniper rounds use match-grade bullets (which may be of hollow point design)... there are two arguments used in their defense...
2) Match bullets (even match hollow points) are not designed to kill, they are not designed to expand, flatten, or otherwise deform inside the human body, they are designed to punch tight little groups on paper and nothing else... which, although it is splitting hairs, technically complies with Declaration #3.

Anyone who would state they've shot Civil War bullets into flesh and describe the damage as "paltry" compared to a modern jacketed bullet is flat-out making stuff up as he goes.
A traditional 12 gauge shotgun slug does more damage than a VLD... and the slug will disintegrate both shoulders of a large mid-western deer, exit the other side, and continue down range with enough energy remaining to kill a man.
You haven't a single clue what your talking about..as usual...

Btw MK 262, MK 318....etc.

Ok, I generally prefer to lurk, but... I want to hear some Maxima K2 vs Super M discussion. Since this thread has started I have used up my remaining Stihl HP Ultra and am using K2, but is Super M just as good for saws? I only cut for myself (6 cords a year, firewood guy), so price is not an issue, just want what is best. (Been running 40:1, K2 runs great. If you count the MMO that is in all my gas before I use some to mix, I am at 36:1. No smoke, no bad smells, just good running and cutting.)

Just gimme a little something between the ammo volleys...o_O

take you up with my kentucky long rifle 75 caliber you can kill trees with it and break a shoulder with it to
belonged to my great grampa its a hell of a rifle.

Ok, I generally prefer to lurk, but... I want to hear some Maxima K2 vs Super M discussion. Since this thread has started I have used up my remaining Stihl HP Ultra and am using K2, but is Super M just as good for saws? I only cut for myself (6 cords a year, firewood guy), so price is not an issue, just want what is best. (Been running 40:1, K2 runs great. If you count the MMO that is in all my gas before I use some to mix, I am at 36:1. No smoke, no bad smells, just good running and cutting.)

If you want to run the best why dicuss super M? K2 is maxima high end product. That said Super is a good product and will work just fine. Get the pre mix version.

We run super m in about 8 saws burning 5 gal of fuel a week runs great and no problems to speak of.

If you want to run the best why dicuss super M? K2 is maxima high end product. That said Super is a good product and will work just fine. Get the pre mix version.

I have been a dedicated lurker, and have read this thread from the beginning. I remember a mention that chainsaws not making the high horsepower per cube of things like karts, therefore, may not burn the fully synthetic clean, or maybe might be better off with something that was a blend. Just part of the discussion I remember, just not dedicated enough to search back for quotes.

So, if the thought is K2 is truly better, I will stick with it. I just wanted to check if there was a thought that maybe Super M would combust more cleanly as a blend vs K2 which is intended for higher hp.

We run super m in about 8 saws burning 5 gal of fuel a week runs great and no problems to speak of.

Thanks for the feedback. I have no doubt that Super M and many other oils would work just fine, but oil threads push me to want what is best, as cost isn't an issue for the amount I use.

So far I like the K2, just didn't know if there could be an advantage to the blend (Super M) for saws since they are lower performance than the high end two strokes.

Btw MK 262, MK 318....etc.
Just as I stated, both the MK262 and MK318 are special purpose, long range sniper rounds... not standard combat issue.
The MK262 is produced by Black Hills Ammunition (a long time, well known fact); here's a quote from Black Hills President Jeff Hoffman...
“The assaulters were stealing it from the snipers, so we had to make more.”
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/special-forces-to-civilians-black-hills-mk-262-mod-1-review/

In a 2002 report by Shooting Times the explanation of how the hollow point gets around the Haque Convention restrictions...
"The MK 262 Mod 1 projectile is an open-tipped match (OTM) bullet, though it does not expand in the manner of a conventional hollowpoint. In fact, the hollow cavity is not there to induce expansion; it’s there to put the majority of weight towards the projectile’s rear so that it is more stable in flight and increase accuracy. Because it is not designed to expand and cause “undue suffering,” that critical phrase in the Hague Conventions regarding ammunition, the Navy’s Judge Advocate General Corps approved the round for use in combat. The same reasoning was applied to the Marine Corps 62-grain SOST round (MK 318), also an OTM design."
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/special-forces-to-civilians-black-hills-mk-262-mod-1-review/

I can back-up everything I've stated six-ways from Sunday... so far all you've done is make unsupported claims based on nothing but your own belief in magic. I've even asked you a few questions that you just dance round, or attempt to change the subject, but don't answer... which seems to be your modus operandi whenever your called out. You're the one that tried to make the claim various military made the switch to jacketed bullets in order to obtain higher performance... I simply corrected you're ignorance with historical fact.

But I'm gonna' ask you one more question just to see what happens...
What does special purpose jacketed sniper bullets being more accurate than mass produce jacketed combat rounds (which is entirely expected) have to do with comparing cast bullet accuracy and performance to jacketed hunting bullet accuracy and performance??
And I'll re-ask you one also...
In the .30-06, exactly how much faster can you drive your copper-condomized bullet over the cast bullet??
Hey.. you're the one that labeled me a Luddite and made the (so far) totally unsupported claim...
...I can't drive my fancy copper coated bullets much faster hence the shoot much flatter and kill much more decisivly.
Your arrogance is unfathomable... you believe everyone should take you at your word... just because it's your word.
Your arrogance blinds you to your own ignorance.

I would love to get into a little bullet discussion with you guys but this isn't the thread for it.
OK... I'm done now... my point has been made.

That doesn't apear to be the case at all, what are you on? Or are you just a wanker?
Thansk
He may be a wanker (I don't know the guy, no offense Walker) but you are a BSer. Your ramblings in the felling thread make me think you feel superior to everyone just because you argue. You have given little to no real world experience because you have none. Maybe you're 14 or 15 years old or maybe you only post during a drinking session but your posts are irrelevant and so are you. Don't bother responding, you are now on ignore

Oil, guns and the Queen, stuff just got serious. 45/70 serious, more serious than 32:1 by approximately 13!69, better use a full synthetic cause it about to get HR1'ed in here.

Pretty sure we just learned that more weight in the rear makes stuff more stable, certain members just got interested in oil threads again.

Just as I stated, both the MK262 and MK318 are special purpose, long range sniper rounds... not standard combat issue.
The MK262 is produced by Black Hills Ammunition (a long time, well known fact); here's a quote from Black Hills President Jeff Hoffman...
“The assaulters were stealing it from the snipers, so we had to make more.”

In a 2002 report by Shooting Times the explanation of how the hollow point gets around the Haque Convention restrictions...
"The MK 262 Mod 1 projectile is an open-tipped match (OTM) bullet, though it does not expand in the manner of a conventional hollowpoint. In fact, the hollow cavity is not there to induce expansion; it’s there to put the majority of weight towards the projectile’s rear so that it is more stable in flight and increase accuracy. Because it is not designed to expand and cause “undue suffering,” that critical phrase in the Hague Conventions regarding ammunition, the Navy’s Judge Advocate General Corps approved the round for use in combat. The same reasoning was applied to the Marine Corps 62-grain SOST round (MK 318), also an OTM design."

I can back-up everything I've stated six-ways from Sunday... so far all you've done is make unsupported claims based on nothing but your own belief in magic. I've even asked you a few questions that you just dance round, or attempt to change the subject, but don't answer... which seems to be your modus operandi whenever your called out. You're the one that tried to make the claim various military made the switch to jacketed bullets in order to obtain higher performance... I simply corrected you're ignorance with historical fact.

But I'm gonna' ask you one more question just to see what happens...
What does special purpose jacketed sniper bullets being more accurate than mass produce jacketed combat rounds (which is entirely expected) have to do with comparing cast bullet accuracy and performance to jacketed hunting bullet accuracy and performance??
And I'll re-ask you one also...
In the .30-06, exactly how much faster can you drive your copper-condomized bullet over the cast bullet??
Hey.. you're the one that labeled me a Luddite and made the (so far) totally unsupported claim...

Your arrogance is unfathomable... you believe everyone should take you at your word... just because it's your word.
Your arrogance blinds you to your own ignorance.

OK... I'm done now... my point has been made.
Your stupidity is unfathomable...keep googling.

Latest posts

Back