661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK , didn't check out the tech sheets . Looks like the off road would be the best choice for saws for sure . The 800 road racing version looks to be a bit stout in viscosity , flashpoint and recommended mix ratio .

Just printed off Amsoil Saber too .
Viscosity and flash point are way lower than the Motul 800 off road.....Hmmmmm

I have seen enough anecdotal evidence across multiple applications to suggest that H1R does indeed inhibit combustion. The Ultra light test pointed in this direction as well.
Even if it didn't do this I still wouldn't run the stuff as its simply not that great.

I know it does, I experienced the effects first hand, I was simply alluding to the fact there was more to the issue than just the oil itself.

Don't tell the Europeans that..
I though you might have at least provided a photo to back up your doehead claim about high scopes being common in EU these days! Mr stihl, Mr husqvarna & Mr KTM don't seem to follow your outdated ideas either on oil ratios.

as in a 660 tuned to 2800 idle 13200 top using a fast tach?

someone will complain it's not four stroking correctly or this ratio was too rich or that ratio too lean, or that it should of been tuned in the wood... I'll let the computer do the work. It is unbiased and looking for the same thing all the time.

800 off road

https://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/products/oils-lubricants/800-2t-factory-line-off-road--2

https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/77816/original/800_2T_Factory_Line_Off_Road_TDS_(GB).pdf?1388420014

800 road racing

https://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/prod...-road-racing--2?f[engine_type]=22&f[range]=21

https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/77818/original/800_2T_Factory_Line_Road_Racing_TDS_(GB).pdf?1388420312
I guess what I am getting at is I don't trust that the Autotune system is consistent. Just a gut feeling I have.

I guess what I am getting at is I don't trust that the Autotune system is consistent.
I see it differently ............. maybe because I get to operate a 661.

The M-Tronic is one consistant mutha-scratcher ................ it just takes 2 tanks to "home in" on what the saw is being asked to do.

Why ???? I dont know, but I do know that after the first tank of consistant cutting, my 661 runs soooo much better.

New day, different tree, same gas ............... takes the second tank to "home in" on what the saw is being asked to do

Maybe I am crazy ................... maybe not, just what I noticed with my 661

Mine gets the crap beat out of it ,when it wont cut at all i take it to the bottom of the silvey grinder to make it sharp enough to cut :cool: If it gets too bad ,take the tip ,and clamp it in a vise and bust it off ,and the snap on guy gives me another one .yes the blade is half ground off ,lol View attachment 433927
"That's not a knife"
We do:

44668648.GNB.jpg

"Now that's a knife"
Thansk

coming from someone who believes that Nosler partition is the gold bullet..
I'm not then only one with that opinion and many that hold the same opinion have alot more expiereance than you or I will ever have.
I also never said they are gold. I said they are the gold standard. Every bullet test I have ever seen has partitions in the mix.

There is nowhere near the amount of ammunition component selection here in Europe that we have stateside. Not even close.

One of my favorite things to do was put a 110 grain VMAX on top of a 308 case, seated as long as possible on a compressed load of RL15, and use it on large varmints and rabbits. I had one prairie dog fly nearly 20 feet into the air when hit with that load at 50 yards. And if you hit a mound full of dogs, the shrapnel often took care of many of them.

9mm, 22BR moly NoslerBT, 243AI, 70 grain Nosler BT, 308 w/ 110 grain VMAX, 243AI w some sort of long range bullet I forget what it was.

238001.cases.jpg

I'm not then only one with that opinion and many that hold the same opinion have alot more expiereance than you or I will ever have.
I also never said they are gold. I said they are the gold standard. Every bullet test I have ever seen has partitions in the mix.
They may be a gold standard over there.. We have one old fart over here who used to write the same nonsens in magazines, over a decade he compared new premium bullets against nosler partition, but he have stopped doing it now, thank goodness.
As standard, if we always compare with a standard from 48, the rate of progression would stopped over time, it's that simple.

Speaking about europeans, they sure know how to make bolt action rifles for hunting in Europe.

Back