661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may be a gold standard over there.. We have one old fart over here who used to write the same nonsens in magazines, over a decade he compared new premium bullets against nosler partition, but he have stopped doing it now, thank goodness.
As standard, if we always compare with a standard from 48, the rate of progression would stopped over time, it's that simple.

Speaking about europeans, they sure know how to make bolt action rifles for hunting in Europe.
Many bullets have came out since 1948, very few have the same blend of penetration and the ability to kill quickly. Then there is the consistency issue. They work boringly well.

I don't need to google, but clearly you do.
Of course I do! But then again why should I have to google something to prove what you said is fact, when your the one who made up a BS story that the Europeans commonly set up rifles that way, when in fact it was clearly obvious that it was set up for some one with a physical impediment, it boils down to the well known fact that you can't google commonsense & you have clearly proven that.

There is nowhere near the amount of ammunition component selection here in Europe that we have stateside. Not even close.

One of my favorite things to do was put a 110 grain VMAX on top of a 308 case, seated as long as possible on a compressed load of RL15, and use it on large varmints and rabbits. I had one prairie dog fly nearly 20 feet into the air when hit with that load at 50 yards. And if you hit a mound full of dogs, the shrapnel often took care of many of them.

9mm, 22BR moly NoslerBT, 243AI, 70 grain Nosler BT, 308 w/ 110 grain VMAX, 243AI w some sort of long range bullet I forget what it was.

238001.cases.jpg
Ever harvest any deer with that 243AI?

Of course I do! But then again why should I have to google something to prove what you said is fact, when your the one who made up a BS story that the Europeans commonly set up rifles that way, when in fact it was clearly obvious that it was set up for some one with a physical impediment, it boils down to the well known fact that you can't google commonsense & you have clearly proven that.
What I said was completely true. And I don't feel the need to prove anything to a dumb azz like you..

Ever harvest any deer with that 243AI?

The 243AI was only chambered in my F CLass BR rifle. That rifle weighs a LOT, and carried a LightForce 12-42X scope(which in itself isn't very light). It's not much of a deer rifle. I recall using one VLD on a coyote out to 460 yards or so. But that's about it. At anything short of 300 yards, you would want to shoot the deer in the neck or head - it was very explosive even with VLD's. I was seeing 4100 fps+ on the Chrony with 70 grain noslers. So that rifle only came out near the end of the day after the varmints decided to hide.

Having said that, I had a short stint experimenting with 110 grain VMAX's out of an LTR in 300 SAUM. I had to shorten the chamber and shave the necks to get it shoot sub MOA. It was only stable about 90% of the time. The rest of the time they didn't make it to 100 meters before exploding. You could often see almost a vapor trail effect as the bullet went down range. The recoil out of such a light weight rifle even with 110 grain loads was nothing I care to experience during a day of varminting. So I went to 165 grain bullets and saved her mostly for 'tactical' stuff.

Speaking of partitions, the last deer I shot was with a 95 grain Nosler partition at about 150 yards out of a 6mm rem in a Ruger #1(one of my favorite deer rifles for how short and gorgeous they are). That bullet leaves that Ruger at 3200 fps or so. When it meets a deer, it is devastating. I hit it quartered towards me. The bullet entered the front left upper thigh, went through the heart, and exited out the far side. The exit hole was larger than my fist. The deer reared up, and collapsed on the spot.

The 243AI was only chambered in my F CLass BR rifle. That rifle weighs a LOT, and carried a LightForce 12-42X scope(which in itself isn't very light). It's not much of a deer rifle. I recall using one VLD on a coyote out to 460 yards or so. But that's about it. At anything short of 300 yards, you would want to shoot the deer in the neck or head - it was very explosive even with VLD's. I was seeing 4100 fps+ on the Chrony with 70 grain noslers. So that rifle only came out near the end of the day after the varmints decided to hide.

Having said that, I had a short stint experimenting with 110 grain VMAX's out of an LTR in 300 SAUM. I had to shorten the chamber and shave the necks to get it shoot sub MOA. It was only stable about 90% of the time. The rest of the time they didn't make it to 100 meters before exploding. You could often see almost a vapor trail effect as the bullet went down range. The recoil out of such a light weight rifle even with 110 grain loads was nothing I care to experience during a day of varminting. So I went to 165 grain bullets and saved her mostly for 'tactical' stuff.

Speaking of partitions, the last deer I shot was with a 95 grain Nosler partition at about 150 yards out of a 6mm rem in a Ruger #1(one of my favorite deer rifles for how short and gorgeous they are). That bullet leaves that Ruger at 3200 fps or so. When it meets a deer, it is devastating. I hit it quartered towards me. The bullet entered the front left upper thigh, went through the heart, and exited out the far side. The exit hole was larger than my fist. The deer reared up, and collapsed on the spot.
Yea, but Noslers suck...

Back