661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if an oil is faster ,does that factor soot / carbon buildup on the piston and exhaust port for cleanliness ? I am not trying to sell dtp ,but it is the only one i have used that removed the crud left by other oils .
Have you tried 800 off-road?

My prediction is the R50 will come out on top .............. but waiting to see the results finalized.

I get sick on R50 if I mix it by itself anymore now .............. its smell isnt a problem if I cut it with 800 off road though
I've been using 800 off-road at 32:1 in several saws for 1.5 years with great success. Pull the mufflers and everything is very clean. I have no reason to switch.

800 cleaned up some also, but nothing cleaned like R50 did

I only run 32:1 or 25:1 ............ and run mine fat

Have you tried 800 off-road?

I have some 800 that redbull sent me in my truck to try

At 40 to 1 the dtp was still cleaning my engine ,piston top was dry ,so it was not wash from being too rich .

I've been using 800 off-road at 32:1 in several saws for 1.5 years with great success. Pull the mufflers and everything is very clean. I have no reason to switch.
I think thats the best thing to do, stick with what works.
I tried lots of different ones myself, and IMHO, the cream rose to the top.
You cant go wrong with any of (what I consider) to be the top 3 oils

1. R50 ; nothing, and I mean nothing compares to its running characteristics and protection. the smell makes me sick
2. K2 ; Awesome running and great coating internally, slightly better running than 800 Off Road though
3. 800 Off road ; Awesome running and great coating internally

At 40 to 1 the dtp was still cleaning my engine ,piston top was dry ,so it was not wash from being too rich .

When I need to get more oil, I might be willing to give this DTP a go ............. but I would love to see the internals of one of your saws that have been running it for a while.
Specifically, the areas of the piston by the wrist pin, and under the piston crown ........... as well as the piston crown to see the wash areas.

I am not knocking it in any fashion, I just have reservations about switching from something that I really like into the unknown ............................................ plus isnt it boat oil ?:buttkick:

800 even at 40:1 was too messing and gooey for me. My top handles that get run for a short time then shut off were a mess.
I think this is where application plays a huge roll, plus gasoline quality must be considered as well.

Admittantly, my wittle (thats wee and little combined) weed eater exhaust is a gooey mess with the same 32:1 that my saws exhaust is dry on

I think this is where application plays a huge roll, plus gasoline quality must be considered as well.

Admittantly, my wittle (thats wee and little combined) weed eater exhaust is a gooey mess with the same 32:1 that my saws exhaust is dry on
My weedeater and post drill ,both run better with dtp ,and mobil1 over the dirt bike oils tested here that i have tried ,running at 40 to 1 and 32 to 1
If the snap on guy ever gets my camera in ,i will get some piston images ,the one with 180 degree flip on the camera tip has been on back order ,he gave me one with a clip on mirror to try for the 180 flip ,i gave it back ,did not work good

Even if an oil is faster ,does that factor soot / carbon buildup on the piston and exhaust port for cleanliness ? I am not trying to sell dtp ,but it is the only one i have used that removed the crud left by other oils .
800 cleaned up some also, but nothing cleaned like R50 did

I only run 32:1 or 25:1 ............ and run mine fat
Running fat with any oil while clean a piston off at the expense of making the muffler dirty.

- Ran saber because I had it with me. (My brother wanted to try it so I mixed some up at 42:1)

- log 4 shrunk a little....missed seeing a hump in it at the start. Log 5 got a little bigger. Log 1 2 and 3 were consistent.

- Times pretty close. Slight edge to Hp2.

- Temps - Hp2 Ran the coolest.

- R50 - on one hand I think I should of used 40:1 because of this... (listen to the saw as you near the last cuts) (this is from pre- testing not the actual final test)

Here is 40:1 r50 ...better. 45:1 was better yet.

@32:1 she seems to struggle when you really do back to back cuts? That is what I thought anyway. So I was torn whether to use R50 32:1 or 40:1. But 32:1 had the fastest cuts in "pre testing" so that is what I went with.

- k2 had some weird time swings
-2r very consistent on the times.

Overall - Forgetting times and temps, I thought the saw ran the best on the Hp2. And given how close everything was. With Hp2 having a Visc of 17.8 ie. level film strength...protection. That is what I'm going with, in this group. Scamoil Saber will have to be tried at 32:1 and will be part of the next group I do.

The Most interesting thing to me was that viscosity didn't seem to play a role at all. Before this I was figuring that a lower viscosity would give the fastest times. Which is why I picked this group. R50 visc 19, hp2 ~18 , k2 13ish , 2r 8ish ultra 8ish.

uploading vids...

Attachments

• oiltest-1.jpg
    oiltest-1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
Back