661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry....like i told you the dealer was out of stock when I was there and still didn't have it a week later. I haven't been on that side of town and haven't even had any for myself let alone to send you. I've been using Amoil Saber thats why I asked about it.

If you want the money for the HP2 i will Paypal it to you. I said i would send it and i apologize.

What's great about the forum and the internet is that what people have said stays. Even from other threads their opinions are "out there." Hard to back up....on what was said in the past.

Again I'm glad you did the test and shared it on the site, and hopefully you had some fun running you saw.

I do however agree with bwalker, the times are well whiten the with margin of error that exists. Yes feeling a saws is stronger is totally unreliable, I've proved my own opinions wrong many times with a stopwatch.

As I expected you wouldn't see any real difference in power between the oils. Testing the real quality of each oil would require a test cell, dissembling a new saw, measuring the inertial components, adding internal temp sensors, running 50 gallons of fuel through the saw in the test cell, than retaking all measurements.
Yep.

Again I'm glad you did the test and shared it on the site, and hopefully you had some fun running you saw.

I do however agree with bwalker, the times are well whiten the with margin of error that exists. Yes feeling a saws is stronger is totally unreliable, I've proved my own opinions wrong many times with a stopwatch.

As I expected you wouldn't see any real difference in power between the oils. Testing the real quality of each oil would require a test cell, dissembling a new saw, measuring the inertial components, adding internal temp sensors, running 50 gallons of fuel through the saw in the test cell, than retaking all measurements.

margin of error - So when hp2 wins here it's margin of error. But in pre testing when 32:1 ratio proved fastest and hp2 was fastest there...that was as expected? I see.

Well for the next test you can drive here and help me and then you'll see. You can do some cuts and I"ll do some cuts and we'll compare notes.

feeling - yeah see here is how it played out

k2 40:1 FELT the same as R50 @ 50:1 & HP2 @ 50:1 - both had the same scream the same lack torque. Sounded "great" as in whoa that's bad azz dude. But they were lacking in real cutting.
2r 40:1 FELT the same as R50 @50:1 & HP2 @ 50:1 - " see above"

Well I guess the temps meant nothing as well. Buddy, you just don't like the results. That's all. You can't even see the other factors like film strength.

R50 is ruled out because it is sluggish at 32:1 when you do multi cuts in a row. go watch the video again.

So since EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. Just by default from there hp2 wins with the high visc ie. protection.

Bottom line - ya just don't like the results. Same with Ben. The only way ben would be happy is if 2R won. Honestly I was hoping it would because it would of proved my theory on lower visc being fastest, true. And it's cheap. But it didn't so tough luck.

Here is my advice for joe blow reading through this -

R50 - don't use it.

Hp2 - 32:1 in summer spring fall , 40:1 winter.

k2 - 32:1 winter fall 28:1 in summer

yamalube 2r - 32:1 in winter. 20-25:1 in the summer.

I've considered all the factors at play and they aren't. Sorry.

And don't say I am biased either. I never would of thought 32:1 would be fastest. I thought the lower visc oils would of been fastest.

Ok I guess I wasn't clear enough in earlier posts. So here goes.

YES. Hp2 CLEARLY RAN THE BEST.

I think 2r had the least amount of torque when I was cutting firewood. Low visc? I don't know why...nor do I even care.

I think R50 and Hp2 had the most torque while just cutting. Cookies are one thing but actually cutting wood...yeah those two had more torque. Sorry they did! It seems crazy to say that, but I literally thought the chain was dull when I was cutting with 2R 40:1. And then it happened again with 32:1 2r. I was like what the hell.

I think R50 smells like a some nasty perfume or something. I can't stand it.

I think R50 @32:1 makes the saw run sluggish when you push it via multiple cuts. Yeah it got better at 40:1. But why in the hell would you want to use it, when u can use something that acts better at 32:1? Personally I think it's the high flash....so high the oil doesn't burn off. But who the hell knows for sure? No one here, that's for sure.

I think 2R screams at 40:1. I think K2 screams at 40:1. Saw feels lean. Solvents, less oil in the bottle? I don't know anymore nor do I care! What I do know is that the saw screams at 40:1 with those two and it ran like crap. Sorry bwalker it did. It ran so crappy that I wouldn't even try 45:1 let alone 50:1 in either of them.

and No I don't favor honda hp2. The only reason I even knew about it was because kenjax PM'd me or I pm'd him asking about it because he posted about itor something...anyway he said it ran really nice and he would send me some, which btw, he didn't.

Don't believe me? Guess what I DONT CARE! HP2 won here and if you don't like it, and yer all butt hurt about it. Again I DON'T CARE!
Your guessing on torque and HP based on feel, which is very unreliable.
I don't think anyone is butt hurt..

Id run any of the oils tested here. I still like R50 as internally has been one of the best Ive ran. I will say I recently tore my hybrid and 241c down to change porting and both had a grayish sticky film on top of both pistons that was drying using K2 at 32to1

margin of error - So when hp2 wins here it's margin of error. But in pre testing when 32:1 ratio proved fastest and hp2 was fastest there...that was as expected? I see.

Well for the next test you can drive here and help me and then you'll see. You can do some cuts and I"ll do some cuts and we'll compare notes.

k2 40:1 FELT the same as R50 @ 50:1 & HP2 @ 50:1 - both had the same scream the same lack torque. Sounded "great" as in whoa that's bad azz dude. But they were lacking in real cutting.

Well I guess the temps meant nothing as well. Buddy, you just don't like the results. That's all. You can't even see the other factors like film strength.

R50 is ruled out because it is sluggish at 32:1 when you do multi cuts in a row. go watch the video again.

So since EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. Just by default from there hp2 wins with the high visc ie. protection.

Bottom line - ya just don't like the results. Same with Ben. The only way ben would be happy is if 2R won. Honestly I was hoping it would because it would of proved my theory on lower visc being fastest, true. And it's cheap. But it didn't so tough luck.

R50 - don't use it.

I like the results just fine, I don't run R2, and I could tell no difference in your video. .2 of a second isn't a definitive result, neither is 1 full second. Only a properly working dyno would be able to definitively point out the minute power difference. You're being arrogant again and making new wild assumptions.

Again we appreciate the time and effort you put into this, but you need to step back and cool your jets a little.

R50 - don't use it.

Your attributing operating "feel" to a change in oil when you clearly don't know or can prove the oil is what's causing your observation. You don't even have a way to quantify your observation. The temp readings are nearly meaningless as well given the instrumentation you have and it's lack of repeatable accuracy.
I don't care what oil won in your mind as I wasn't going to change what I am doing based on your tests. If anything your test, if valid, validated some of the things I have said about r50.
Your also grasping that hp2 has a higher protection factor given its viscosity. It's not that simple.

Id run any of the oils tested here. I still like R50 as internally has been one of the best Ive ran. I will say I recently tore my hybrid and 241c down to change porting and both had a grayish sticky film on top of both pistons that was drying using K2 at 32to1

R50 is a phenomenal product don't mind RB's feelings. lol

Latest posts

Back