661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started breaking in my 2nd 661R - 2 tanks through it, both running belray H1R 45:1.

I know it's only two tanks and the pic isn't that good. (I tried taking about 15 pics and this is the best one I got). But the top of the piston has a light grey/brown tint to it, I can still see the engravings on the top of the piston clearly. No build up at all! My understanding is this is ideal?

Now Stihl ultra on the other hand would already have a black coating. I've broken in 4 660's a 661 and 461 in the last yr so with ultra, so im pretty confident in this statement.

i4r2gi.jpg

spark plug..

16k81sn.jpg

Started breaking in my 2nd 661R - 2 tanks through it, both running belray H1R 45:1.

I know it's only two tanks and the pic isn't that good. (I tried taking about 15 pics and this is the best one I got). But the top of the piston has a light grey/brown tint to it, I can still see the engravings on the top of the piston clearly. No build up at all! My understanding is this is ideal?

Now Stihl ultra on the other hand would already have a black coating. I've broken in 4 660's a 661 and 461 in the last yr so with ultra, so im pretty confident in this statement.

2vdffhs.jpg
No 660 test?

i4r2gi.jpg

spark plug..

16k81sn.jpg
What's up with all the oil around the spark plug hole?

Total waste of time. :)
Not a waste of time. I run 40:1 high octane and it does leave a little carbon on the piston but I'd rather have that than the ethanol heating up my saw. With 40:1 I know I have oil on my bottom end not think I do with 50:1.
I've replaced scorn Pistons with them run on 50:1. I think this is all do to the constant changes in ethanol percentages in are gas today. I think this is a great test and thank u for doing it:bowdown:.

Back