661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super techniplate is the dirty stuff. Original is the best imo, but nobody stocks it. R50 works great but a no no in lower temps. KL200 original techniplate is the cats meow. You can get a case for around $100. I'm almost out, and may buy a case soon. I'll send you a quart if you want to wait a bit. BTW, that amsoil sabre pro I tried was very unimpressive, I won't use that crap. The kids go cart is burning up the rest as I type this.
:wtf:

Thats just GREAT ............. now I gotta go and get some KL200 :yes:.............. youre killin my wallet bud !! :laughing:

**EDIT** isnt this the stuff that coats the tops of pistons if idled frequently ?

checking tune with the belray h1r in 660

if it matters.... 28" bar n chain on. Usual tension and obviously didn't loosen the bar etc when changed gas. Oiler on max. Oil and gas topped off and filter clean.

This is my usual mix of stihl ultra 45:1

Dumped gas out completely. refilled with H1R 45:1. Ran the saw (let it sit on idle for about 5min and then did some WOT. Then topped off oil and gas/h1r 45:1 mix.

Did vid. I did not adjust anything at all. ie. H L or idle or anything else. So this is what it did JUST changing the gas from ultra to H1r.

if you can't see the numbers. Go to youtube and make the video larger.

So to me the idle on the belray seems more consistent and less erratic. And the top end looks about the same.

Maybe the H1R is higher purity ie more actual oil by volume (with out the solvents etc) so therefore you need less of it? I'm not seeing the tuning issue that many experience running H1R - ie. they complain they have to open the jets up a lot.

if it matters.... 28" bar n chain on. Usual tension and obviously didn't loosen the bar etc when changed gas. Oiler on max. Oil and gas topped off and filter clean.

Dumped gas out completely. refilled with H1R 45:1. Ran the saw (let it sit on idle for about 5min and then did some WOT. Then topped off oil and gas/h1r 45:1 mix.

Did vid. I did not adjust anything at all. ie. H L or idle or anything else. So this is what it did JUST changing the gas from ultra to H1r.

So to me the idle on the belray seems more consistent and less erratic. And the top end looks about the same.

Maybe the H1R is higher purity ie more actual oil by volume (with out the solvents etc) so therefore you need less of it? I'm not seeing the tuning issue that many experience running H1R - ie. they complain they have to open the jets up a lot.

Maybe your not seeing tuning issues because you have a compensating carb?
It's been years since I ran ultra, but I don't recall it being a dirty oil.
Solvents are not an impurity either. They are a deliberate part of the blend and typically are a small percentage of the total product.

You did it wrong.

Not a waste of time. I run 40:1 high octane and it does leave a little carbon on the piston but I'd rather have that than the ethanol heating up my saw. With 40:1 I know I have oil on my bottom end not think I do with 50:1.
I've replaced scorn Pistons with them run on 50:1. I think this is all do to the constant changes in ethanol percentages in are gas today. I think this is a great test and thank u for doing it:bowdown:.
Its never a bad thing to run premium.in a two cycle. Same for ethanol free.
All two cycles will accumulate carbon on the crown if they are ran for any length of time. That is unless your so rich your washing the piston clean. Carbon on the piston top doesn't bother me unless it is thick and crusty, has metalic deposits present or extends below the rings. A properly tuned and running two cycle should have a carbon layer with wash spots where the transfers discharge. In fact many people in other sports still tune by piston carbon patterns.

241 piston. Saw is about a year old and owner said probably close to 200 tanks. Said he bought 4 liters of Belray 10 months ago.

[A
241 piston. Saw is about a year old and owner said probably close to 200 tanks. Said he bought 4 liters of Belray 10 months ago.

View attachment 418847

TTACH=full]418847[/ATTACH]
Pull a pin and buff the heck out of that thang!!!!

Ran 40:1 in stihl blower and husky 350. Carbon building up after one tank in each. 90 octane efree fuel. Not much idling especially the blower. It may be great stuff but I didn't like the quick buildup. I've never had that with r50 or kl200. Super techniplate, yes. I'm no oil salesman just telling my experience and I'm a klotz guy, it's done very well for me and its affordable. Plus it smells racy, unless you have a nose like hedge's.
What did you not like about the Saber oil?

Back