7900 woods ported saw...finished!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If certain builders are claiming their info is "secret" and are serious about it they would go down the appropriate legal path to protect that information. If they whine about that info getting out later they have nobody to blame but themselves.

How's this for drama pal, I could give 2 f'in craps what you want, I don't care if you believe anything. I don't have to prove chat to anyone, if you care not to believe the gains thats fine, I don't believe them either, because the gains I showed here is a little shy of what it really turned out to be, add another 8% to that 35% I showed, if you don't want to believe it, thats awesome. I don't care. Even if you were told the "secret" you wouldn't know what to do with it, maybe it isn't just one big secret but many things that work well together. You act like I need to show you proof for the saw to be accepted. Who are you anyway...No one.

The only person this saw has to please is me, so if you guys want to claim race saw and it won't hold up becasue other people can't come close to those gains thats okay. The saw was compared to some very strong saws Saturday and it ran good on that day, The saws there were as strong of saws as you'll see as woods ported saws, the one has never been beat in 8x8 times. As for durability I'm guarenteed it will hold up, the saw only has 193 psi, stock piston, stock carb, if don't believe me OH FRICKEN WELL:cheers:

You guys are the ones breaking ground here from what I've seen. Don't get sore that some are skeptical. I'm between being very excited that such gains can be had from the saw, and having a hard time believing it.

If it is really that good time will tell and in a nutshell that is all I said. I didn't mean to hit a nerve, and I think you are being a little too defensive about the whole thing, seeing attacks where none exist.

Mr. HE:cool:

I've not seen a thread like this since I visited that other site a couple years ago. Threads like this is why I quit going there. Too bad too, there's a lot of knowledge there behind the towering egos.

Ian

Same place I learned lots of what I do, asking questions and following his example. He's not the only one, but the major contributor. That's the difference between Brian and others. He's willing to share, and a gentleman at that. Others don't like that.

BTW, I don't agree with the scrapping cylinder phylosophy. If you're not quite confident in what your doing, then don't do it. Talk to others and make an edjucated decision. Don't just start hacking.

Brian is pretty much the only person that shares over there. I still don't know why he does over there, I've seen him catch allot of flack over there.

Did Eric ever help Brad? or me? All they do over there is slam the competition in an attempt to discredit the competition, and they're very good at it.

That site just plain sucks, it is dead. I just made a post over there talking about it, I said nothing bad about anybody, just about the mouthing off going on, and needing to build a community, and my post got deleted, pretty sad I must say. I really have no words to describe that place, I just can't believe what goes on over there, not allot saw related that's for sure.

Will, you're just a hard-headed, opinionated jerk, and why wouldn't you be? :laugh:

It's important to remember, that we were all rookies at one time. What we finally accomplish isn't as important as how we treat our fellow rookies along the way. I remember back when the current crop of hotsaw builders were first learning how to hand file square-ground chain and buying their first grinders. There were some good times that were had, but nothing like what's coming.

Will, you're just a hard-headed, opinionated jerk, and why wouldn't you be? :laugh:

It's important to remember, that we were all rookies at one time. What we finally accomplish isn't as important as how we treat our fellow rookies along the way. I remember back when the current crop of hotsaw builders were first learning how to hand file square-ground chain and buying their first grinders. There were some good times that were had, but nothing like what's coming.

Ya I totally agree with ya man. I always try to treat the rookies good at my work, we got to teach the new guys otherwise nobody else will be here to take our place. I never forget where I came from, I'm not talking saws, I'm still a rookie there with the modding thing. I'm very good at what I do for a living, and I try my hardest to pass it on, and no I'm not worried at all about some rookie stealing my knowledge and running away with it, and doing bad things. It's completely foolish to think you have some great secret stuff.

All this bickering is completely useless anyway, what comes of it? Nothing!

Yep, and not a single individual among us has the time or energy to help every person. But, if we all chip in and contribute what we can, then the 'spider web' of our collective ideas ends up elevating all of us.

Well written mate. Can't rep you but tried. Some people here are carrying like saw mods should be protected by the CIA or something. Do we really hate each other or does everybody want to enjoy chainsaws together?

I've seen the same di*kheads in gun clubs (ESPECIALLY gun clubs ;) ), golf clubs, with cars etc etc. You always get someone come along that takes things way too seriously and instead of enjoying what they've got they cause a big stir. As myself and others have mentioned, a lot of the whining, miserable guys end up on the other sites. I'm a pretty grounded guy and it stand's out like dog's nuts when I'm surfing around on the other sites just what sort of egos are over there.

Last edited:
Yep, and not a single individual among us has the time or energy to help every person. But, if we all chip in and contribute what we can, then the 'spider web' of our collective ideas ends up elevating all of us.

Well said Jacob.

What I've learnt has mostly been from here, with a touch of my own idea's so it's only fair to pass it on. Just hopefully it's correct.

I enjoy seeing these vids and it worries me that sceptism only acts to reduce the efforts made by the posters. Hopefully I'm wrong.

That saw ran great. Does it really matter what has been done or how to this saw? No.

:biggrinbounce2:

I haven't finished reading all these posts in this thread..
but,

I just showed the wife the video on 5th page of the BIG log Gink was cutiting and she said -

"You need to buy that saw AND have done what ever he did to it!!!!"

I :heart: my wife....

now how much is a 7900 cost ?

:chainsawguy:

Merry Chirstmas to me Merry Christmas to me!!!!

:biggrinbounce2:

I haven't finished reading all these posts in this thread..
but,

I just showed the wife the video on 5th page of the BIG log Gink was cutiting and she said -

"You need to buy that saw AND have done what ever he did to it!!!!"

I :heart: my wife....

now how much is a 7900 cost ?

:chainsawguy:

Merry Chirstmas to me Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Sounds like a great wife, LOL. They run $750 at my nearest dealer. You might could find one a little cheaper from a site sponser. Give these guys a call>http://www.fastcutting.com/

If you don't mind used, there are a few nice ones in the classifieds here. I've seen Tommies and it is as close to new as you can get.

Last edited:
Back