7900 woods ported saw...finished!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:biggrinbounce2:

I haven't finished reading all these posts in this thread..
but,

I just showed the wife the video on 5th page of the BIG log Gink was cutiting and she said -

"You need to buy that saw AND have done what ever he did to it!!!!"

I :heart: my wife....

now how much is a 7900 cost ?

:chainsawguy:

Merry Chirstmas to me Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Can I rep you wife! Mine watched the before and after video and didn't see the difference!:angry:

I've not seen a thread like this since I visited that other site a couple years ago.
Ian

No offense Ian but where have you been reading, every thread here anymore comes to this, read any of Brads threads lately and this is what it is arguing and calling people out. It's been the norm for awhile. I don't see any difference.

...read any of Brads threads lately and this is what it is arguing and calling people out. It's been the norm for awhile. I don't see any difference.

Your exactly right! The problem is that a lot of that flack stems from RS influenced individuals over here simply to cause trouble. Pot stirrers in general just looking for a fight.

On the other hand my wife didn't understand what it meant for EC to stand around for 11 hours on Saturday and let Frank and I pick his brain. To me that says alot.......:chainsawguy:

Gink your mailbox is full so I PM'd you to your wifes mail. Quite a little p*ssin match going on here. What is this RS thing ? Racing saws or something? Think maybe this thing can be called in the 15'th round?

Did Eric ever help Brad? or me? All they do over there is slam the competition in an attempt to discredit the competition, and they're very good at it.

Andy in all honesty, did you ever ask for help or just expect them to tell you?
He didn't seem to be holding back any info last Saturday, he probably answered a hundred questions, from cylinders to chains, even give us some lessons on how to sharpen them. He might not have told us every trick in the book and that is fine but we left there with a lot more knowledge and understanding, it was by far the best learning expereince I've had concerning saws and what not.

Thats just it there is no competition, he does't do woods ports for money, he is not in the market and doesn't care if people want him to do them or not. He is into Race saws that is his thing, building and competing, why would he care about someone that is doing woods ports, there is no conflict of interest for him. As for RS thats a different story, IMO they didn't want to be the teacher for Brad when he became a sponser over here, if your getting paid then I guess they figured it was time for Brad to take it from there and make the best out of it.

Gink your mailbox is full so I PM'd you to your wifes mail. Quite a little p*ssin match going on here. What is this RS thing ? Racing saws or something? Think maybe this thing can be called in the 15'th round?

Speaking of which:D You ran the saw the other day when you stopped by what did you think? I'm trying to drag you into this:ices_rofl:

Yeah my PM box went nuts while I was sleeping, it is cleaned out now;)

On their level of what? It doesn't take another saw builder to question the character and intentions of another person that's proven to be questionable, and I don't mean you Gink.

No sense of entitlement here. But what I am entitled to is for Eric not to hide behind claims that "traditional" woods porting can net what are now 43% gains, according to Gink. We already talked about the recipe for a woods port not being all that complicated, just variations on the same theme. And 43% gains are not part of that recipe.

Dragged over here? What are you trying to say? We're not worthy over here? Only RS is worthy to be graced with porting knowledge? I personnaly find that offensive, as an AS member. If we're so low and humble why do you hang out here? Why do so many of the banned guys at RS hang out here so much?

Wow!!!

Gink, you're not the one being questioned here. It's your saw builder. Maybe you haven't yet seen the other side of Eric that some of us have. Hopefully you won't ever step on his toes and get stabbed in the back like others have. Eric Copesey is a bold faced liar, and that's why I question his honesty about your saw. You see, these lies were told directly about me. Thankfully I found out about it and was able to clear it up with the person he lied to about me. Eric Copesey is personally responsible for having me banned over there. He banned me directly after I became a sponsor over here. That's the kind of resentment and ego this man has. For some of you that don't know, Eric is one of the two owners/operators at RS. Is this coming together for you now? And you wonder where the bad blood came from? Thank goodness I was banned. This kind of attitude is what rules over there. Total exclusionism and elitist attitudes. Step on their toes and they'll stab you in the back in a hearbeat. So you see, Eric is a brilliant saw builder, but not so much the gentleman they'd have you believe.

Gink, this has nothing to do with you. I wish the best for you and hope you see all this for what it is. Don't drink their kool aid and let them infect you with their caustic attitudes. You can do better than that.

Well you know they do claim that the "Dark Side" is more powerful..... Welcome to the Evil Empire.:D

Well you know they do claim that the "Dark Side" is more powerful..... Welcome to the Evil Empire.:D

There's no denying that there's far more technical saw building savy at RS. It's just a shame that it's ruined by a handful of nasty attitudes. I for one don't miss it one bit. I'd rather loose the resource, than deal with the crap.

And seriously, that attitude is infecting. It's so obvious when someone brings their crap back over here. It's the same lame lines everytime.

You just read a few posts above that Parris started a thread over there and it was promptly deleted. A friend of mine was over there browsing last night. They watched him log in, saw what he was viewing, and promply blocked him from that room of the forum. They then proceeded to send him a harrassing PM. Can you believe that crap? That's from the site ownership or moderation. Just another fine example of the trash I'm talking about. They insist on behaving like school yard bullies.

Speaking of which:D You ran the saw the other day when you stopped by what did you think? I'm trying to drag you into this:ices_rofl:

Yeah my PM box went nuts while I was sleeping, it is cleaned out now;)

Hey Frank. I got a 40" at-the-stump Oak (cutting on) and an approx. 60" DBH Oak (blown over complete with root ball, will be cutting) that I'd like to try "Smiley" on (and your truck to haul the firewood)...I'm sure I'll think it's awesome! :)

Kevin

Wow sounds like some work there, I don't know it might over heat, LOL. But I know my truck will handle the task:laugh:

I have been trying not to get into this fight I dont take sides I think Gink has one awesome running 7900 and I think Brad is one of the most helpful people on this site I just hope we can all get along remember we are here to have fun.

Wow sounds like some work there, I don't know it might over heat, LOL. But I know my truck will handle the task:laugh:

With authority :). The 40" is only about 12-15 miles away, and the approx. 60" is maybe a 1/2 mile away. But yeah, lots of work. Hopefully the 044 with 28" skip chain can handle it. A stock 7900 would be fine for me...I'm scheming to build me one :).

Kevin

That stump sounds like it will be a lot of fun to cut up hope you have a tractor to move that thing around I recently cut an oak up that was over 50 inches wide and without a tractor it made for a lot of noodling.

That stump sounds like it will be a lot of fun to cut up hope you have a tractor to move that thing around I recently cut an oak up that was over 50 inches wide and without a tractor it made for a lot of noodling.

The landowner where the 40" is (in a hay field) has a skid steer with a grapple, but I won't be bothering him. Noodles it will be...I'd have to noodle it anyway to get it on the splitter at the house. The other Oak is in the woods...it will be interesting.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back