7900 woods ported saw...finished!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great wife, LOL. They run $750 at my nearest dealer. You might could find one a little cheaper from a site sponser. Give these guys a call>http://www.fastcutting.com/

If you don't mind used, there are a few nice ones in the classifieds here. I've seen Tommies and it is as close to new as you can get.
well let me jump back in to this thread that seems to gone, well in an interesting direction, although I have not read all the posts, but anyway.

My wife will NOT let me purchase a used saw, it HAS to be a new one, been there done that, won't let me do it again.:biggrinbounce2::heart::heart:

she was Impressed with the 'stock' saw on it's first cut, and then her jaw dropped on when she saw the Modded saw, and she said "how much more will that cost?"

so I guess there is a new 7900 on my list now....got to love it.....:biggrinbounce2:

This was a few years ago, and yes she did want the saw, did not ask for it I just knew it....;)

DSC01619small.jpg

Haa Haa Haa! That's awesome. Did she think it was as needed as you did though. I bought my wife a new Springfeild XD 9mm for her birthday one year. I thought it was a great gift. Turns out I should have just kept it for myself!:blob2:

Haa Haa Haa! That's awesome. Did she think it was as needed as you did though. I bought my wife a new Springfeild XD 9mm for her birthday one year. I thought it was a great gift. Turns out I should have just kept it for myself!:blob2:

I bought my daughter a 45 caliber muzzlestuffer for her 16th.. And to think, she wanted a car. LOL

The lack of respect for all the hard work we put into finding the perfect gifts and the thanks we get!:ices_rofl:

No kidding . Them .45 cal muzzlestuffers are getting hard to come by..But she smoked a nice deer with it on the 15th.. so she is happy.
Now her boyfriend is just a wee bit jealous of her hunting abilities.I think it helps if one leaves the house..

I realize they're not all bad apples. But the few there are, spoil the barrel. And I'm not here to bicker. But I will tell the truth and defend myself when attacked. Yes, a thicker skin might be warranted. I admit I have a real hard time keeping my mouth shut when pot stirrers come along. I might be better severed to simply let the dead bury the dead. It all comes out in the end.

Over three and a half hours and I still have no clue as to what you're talking about. You were called out and have failed to respond. I've read this thread several times and I believe I know who the pot stirrer is.

Andy in all honesty, did you ever ask for help or just expect them to tell you?
He didn't seem to be holding back any info last Saturday, he probably answered a hundred questions, from cylinders to chains, even give us some lessons on how to sharpen them. He might not have told us every trick in the book and that is fine but we left there with a lot more knowledge and understanding, it was by far the best learning expereince I've had concerning saws and what not.

Thats just it there is no competition, he does't do woods ports for money, he is not in the market and doesn't care if people want him to do them or not. He is into Race saws that is his thing, building and competing, why would he care about someone that is doing woods ports, there is no conflict of interest for him. As for RS thats a different story, IMO they didn't want to be the teacher for Brad when he became a sponser over here, if your getting paid then I guess they figured it was time for Brad to take it from there and make the best out of it.

Frank a lot of this stuff happened long before you were a member here. Kevin and Erick are very nice guys in person, I even considered Kevin to be a friend at one point. Then we had a gtg, at the time I was pretty much a newbie and I didn't know how to tune my 7900 or sharpen a good chain. Anyway my saws ran like crap, and Instead of helping me at the gtg, by the time I got home I received a bunch of PM's with quotes from Kevin and Erick making fun of not only my saws but me personally. This is why I take issue with them, they're nice to your face than they talk about you behind your back.

I have no hard feelings toward you at all Frank, and I hope you can see where I'm coming from.:cheers:

Have a good one Andy.

Over three and a half hours and I still have no clue as to what you're talking about. You were called out and have failed to respond. I've read this thread several times and I believe I know who the pot stirrer is.

If you are implying it was Brad you are wrong. I'd have to go back and find the post that put the match to gas as it were, but Brad didn't make it. It might even be edited by now, it was pretty clear, so I'm sure if you read the whole thread you would have seen it.

Mr. HE:cool:

If you are implying it was Brad you are wrong. I'd have to go back and find the post that put the match to gas as it were, but Brad didn't make it. It might even be edited by now, it was pretty clear, so I'm sure if you read the whole thread you would have seen it.

Mr. HE:cool:

Linky please!

I'm probably going to regret this but here we go. I'm new here. I like it here. Gink I like your saw (ALOT!!). Most of the people on here seem like really nice people who are light-years ahead of me in knowledge. It is however a real pitty that this thread turned into a pissing match. It would be great if it could just go back to being a thread about the awesome piece of equipment that he is lucky to be able to run.

Awesome saw now Frank!!

You take it easy still....Dont rush yourself ...Take care Bro..

uh, yes, she had used my little trim saw that did not like to start very well. and one day i came home and it was in the middle of the garage floor, WARM, so i look back out side and we now have two less apple trees.... :D :D

yes, she did want it bad!!

Well fella's I started the 7900 for the first time today by myself, there was no one around to make sure I didn't:) 15 lbs in compression sure makes a bit of difference on the old pull rope! I took it to the log pile and cut about 30-40 cookies with it one after another in 16" of less pin and red oak. I had a 16" bar with new RSC on it, all I can saw is wow! I couldn't pull hard enough to stop the saw from cutting with a 8 pin and I tried as hard as my abdomen would let me, I could slow it down but it would not stop pulling, I even dogged in over the top and went down and it just eats wood. I can't wait to take it to the woods, I got a date with some Red Elm:cheers:

You sure are a hard headed old fart.. You are going to bust that new gut open again.. Go sit in the house .. LOL

LOL, yeah your probably right, I'm just testing the waters a little, nothing overboard! I'm sitting back taking it easy now:)

Back