7900 woods ported saw...finished!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that is stock off the roll Oregon chain then mate, I'm impressed ;)
That saw just sounds plain old angry and pissed off with the world.

I was thinking both of those things myself.

Mr. HE:cool:

...If I have to put this thing on the mill and video tape to prove a point I will to show that this is a woods ported saw,...

Here's to a speedy recovery because I want to see this video. I'll settle for twelve hours of cutting with stops for fuel as needed, setting cut boards to the side, and one Wendy's #2 for you half way through the day.

:greenchainsaw:

Here's to a speedy recovery because I want to see this video. I'll settle for twelve hours of cutting with stops for fuel as needed, setting cut boards to the side, and one Wendy's #2 for you half way through the day.

:greenchainsaw:

Your not asking for much are ya!! There isn't a saw made that could stand up to that kinda use.

You can bank on a video of it, will thats if I get a video camera:)

If that is stock off the roll Oregon chain then mate, I'm impressed ;)
That saw just sounds plain old angry and pissed off with the world.

So what are you saying? So say if it was a worked over chain, what difference does it make if it wore the same bar and chain for all the cuts? It was a fair comparison, No?

I'm going by what the man told me, I don't think he needs smoke and mirrors to help achieve his results, he has to many proven saws out there that say otherwise. Anyone that has seen his saws run will say so, but he is a brillant race chain maker too! It would be very easy for him to skew the results but I don't think he is that type of person, besides at some point I will be running the saw for myself, skewing results with a chain would gain him nothing but a bad name. I believe it is what he says it is... But I know there will always be skeptics, thats what GTG's are for... to pick out the BS'ers from the real deal, if this saw isn't very good and isn't what the vids say everyone here will hear about it after a GTG.... I know where I'm placing my money:)

Last edited:
So what are you saying? So say if it was a worked over chain, what difference does it make if it wore the same bar and chain for all the cuts? It was a fair comparison, No?

I'm going by what the man told me, I don't think he needs smoke and mirrors to help achieve his results, he has to many proven saws out there that say otherwise. Anyone that has seen his saws run will say so, but he is a brillant race chain maker too! It would be very easy for him to skew the results but I don't think he is that type of person, besides at some point I will be running the saw for myself, skewing results with a chain would gain him nothing. I believe it is what he says it is... But I know there will always be skeptics, thats what GTG's are for... to pick out the BS'ers from the real deal, if this saw isn't very good and isn't what the vids say everyone here will hear about it after a GTG.... I know where I'm placing my money:)

Gink that saw just sounds angry .........Angry to get er done .......:clap::clap:

I think you may have misunderstood me mate.
I am certainly not having a go at the saw, hell no, it is an absolute weapon. The point I was trying to make is that if the saw was wearing a race style chain then that may explain why the modded video was so damn fast (to be honest I hardly took any notice of the stock vid!). I've never run a race style chain as my saws are all work saws and I even had to ask Brad what the hell a GTG was a few weeks back! From what I've read here race chains can improve cutting speed a lot.
I'm not comparing the stock video to the modded video, I'm comparing the modded vid to MY modded vids (despite the different timbers), and now that I know that saw was using stock, off the roll chain, makes it even more impressive. It wasn't only the cutting speed that was impressive, it was the sound of it! :cheers:
If that saw is any better than the 7900 Brad modded for me then you'll be one very, very happy camper ;) These things are awesome modded despite the people that have said that few gains can be made.

Looks like I might have misunderstood you, thanks for clarifying:) I am very excited to run this saw tomorrow, even though I probably won't be able to run it much, not becasue the saw can't take it, I'm not sure I can:)

It will be compared to some very good saws tomorrow so I think everyone involved is excited for that. I don't know that it will be video'ed but non the less it will show what it has against some strong runners!!!

Here is a vid with the HD filter and tuned in a little bit!!! Your right it did make a bit of a difference with that filter.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QCuWXHFLaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QCuWXHFLaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Looks like I might have misunderstood you, thanks for clarifying:) I am very excited to run this saw tomorrow, even though I probably won't be able to run it much, not becasue the saw can't take it, I'm not sure I can:)

It will be compared to some very good saws tomorrow so I think everyone involved is excited for that. I don't know that it will be video'ed but non the less it will show what it has against some strong runners!!!

Here is a vid with the HD filter and tuned in a little bit!!! Your right it did make a bit of a difference with that filter.

No worries mate :)
Yep, angry. Thats what comes to mind in that video! Just for interest, what RPM has it been tuned to without the limited coil?
It is quite obviously a pretty tough saw and glad the HD filter helped - it has increased power on my stock saw and the modded one came with the HD filter.
Good luck at the GTG, I'm sure you'll hand out a few whoopin's!
Go the 7900's...

P.S. The play equipment in the video background didn't help with the "tough saw" aspect. Just a tip :)

Last edited:
Wow! That's awesome
Having a dial up connection I love the videos of your saws.
They download so much faster than others.Ron

No worries mate :)
Yep, angry. Thats what comes to mind in that video! Just for interest, what RPM has it been tuned to without the limited coil?
It is quite obviously a pretty tough saw and glad the HD filter helped - it has increased power on my stock saw and the modded one came with the HD filter.
Good luck at the GTG, I'm sure you'll hand out a few whoopin's!
Go the 7900's...

P.S. The play equipment in the video background didn't help with the "tough saw" aspect. Just a tip :)

I have no idea about any of that yet, I know he said it isn't even tuned to stock RPM, but that was before the airfilter and retune, so I don't know. I don't about handing out many whoppings tomorrow, I think most of the saws are his work, so who knows, smaller wood I'll probably get snubed maybe I can get some luck in the bigger wood?

BTW, The play equipment well I'll pass that on to him:greenchainsaw:

Here is some of the saws I'll be comparing to tomorrow..WOW!!

Now we will be running the same off the roll chain so that will hopefully help me!

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gT5ge-L4JZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gT5ge-L4JZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSnSg1tzTmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSnSg1tzTmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back