880 or 3120 or what else.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest said:
LOL...you wont have to push real hard. I figure with the new arrival in the family last April, the extra $1000 at tax time I can put to good use!!

Dayummm you I guess I better start finding me some week end tree work in a hurry now, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

CaseyForrest said:
Thats all I want to do with it, that and be the only one around that has one!!

Most dealers will "deal" on an 880... If they won't, buy an advance cheap air ticket to one that does (hint... Thall or me, or...).

Andy

Lakeside53 said:
Stihl told me that their largests sales area is Washington DC!!!! seems like diplomatic immunity allows for a lot of "hand carry"... Hmmm....

Its amazing what goes on around the DC area, trust me,LOLOL

Lakeside53 said:
Most dealers will "deal" on an 880... If they won't, buy an advance cheap air ticket to one that does (hint... Thall or me, or...).

Andy

I asked a dealer once what he could do on an 880. I remember getting a quote of around $1450...I wonder if that still stands? I may have to check into that.

I like the 084 better then the my 3120s.....Seems to love to be pushed .. As far as racing you would have to ask Fred.. Everybody will have a different opinion on this..Lake has used his for really big wood.. You need to run them your self to form your own opinion..With in the next month my 084 and 3120 are going to buck a red oak with 3 different operators..I will let you know what each guy says and give there opinions..

We sold two last year to a guy that looked like CIA, or Peace Corp, or... Took them to the Congo... (or whatver they call it today).

CaseyForrest said:
Yeah, youd better hurry. I usually have my tax money back first or second week of Feb!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr that means I can't sleep till noon like I usually do on Sunday's. Now I gotta get up and go make a grand or so of play money and lose my beauty sleep, hmmmm, Cassey I hate you,LOLOLOLOL

CaseyForrest said:
I asked a dealer once what he could do on an 880. I remember getting a quote of around $1450...I wonder if that still stands? I may have to check into that.

I'm sure that dealer keeps his word, check into it, I'm sure he does.

04ultra said:
I like the 084 better then the my 3120s.....Seems to love to be pushed .. As far as racing you would have to ask Fred.. Everybody will have a different opinion on this..Lake has used his for really big wood.. You need to run them your self to form your own opinion..With in the next month my 084 and 3120 are going to buck a red oak with 3 different operators..I will let you know what each guy says and give there opinions..

Thanks Ultra. Like I said earlier, if I get the 880, Ill have to buy a new bar anyway. So Id like to keep my options open to either of them.

Andy my favorite dealer sold a 880 with a 21in bar to a guy just because he wanted the biggest.. He came back in to buy a 361 for limbing..Guess we know why..LOL

CaseyForrest said:
I will...and while Ive got ya here, whats the list on a 36" bar for the 880?

Awww shoot I'm getting a 47 inch on mine, now you know what that means to you huh,hahaha, payback is hell Cassey, whip out the wallet and match me,lololololol

Lakeside53 said:
About $83.. The 41 is about $93..

I have a few long big mount bars around if you need one.

Wow, thats not as bad as I thought it would be.

The 41" may be better, if itll fit the GB 36" mill.

Heres another question, will 3/8 ripping chain hold up on the 880 or 3120?

THALL10326 said:
Awww shoot I'm getting a 47 inch on mine, now you know what that means to you huh,hahaha, payback is hell Cassey, whip out the wallet and match me,lololololol

Doesnt matter how long it is if you cant lift it up!!!

CaseyForrest said:
Doesnt matter how long it is if you cant lift it up!!!

So true. Fact is if you force me to buy one there is one thing for certain. It will have the easiet life a big saw could ever wish for. I won't be picking it up very often other than to say yup thats mine,lol

Back