880 vs 3120 stock (YAEVTT)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go load up the saw and get going so you can trade it today, get back
and run it a little..........GO.................HURRY!

We will be waiting :cheers:

Saw is cleaned up and I am just about out the door. If I come home with another one, it is hard to imagine I won't feel the need to run it if there is daylight. Might need to add a link or two to the 156 link chain I spun up for the 3120.

Just checked again, I did not receive a PM from you for a couple of days, for sure not since I read that yours turns over 12,000. inbox not full, so don't know what happenned

(Andy, close your ears) Still thinking of buyer yours depending on exact price. Sounds higher limited and low hours....

Possible I come home with an 880, but I would like to own both for a while....

Poor Andy, I'm killing him.

(Andy, okay to open your ears)

I can forgive, but I cannot forget ;)

o.k., time for some FUD.

I have to say it again.. they limited those saws really low for good reason... maybe you'll be lucky, maybe you won't. It's not like we've heard a bunch of them blow up on AS... but...

I should sell you my 088.. na... maybe.. na.. I'm so confused :dizzy:

Last edited:
I can forgive, but I cannot forget ;) I have to say it again.. they limited those saws really low for good reason... maybe you'll be lucky, maybe you won't. It's not like we've heard a bunch of them blow up on AS... but...

I should sell you my 088.. na... maybe.. na.. I'm so confused :dizzy:

???? Andy, now you are confusing me....I already was keeping an eye out for an email from Bookerdog about his saw. Whoops, I forgot to say simon says andy close your ears...

Nah, you need your 088 for milling!

Well just got back from almost 4 hrs of holiday traffic.

While I was at the dealer I saw an enormous stack of boxed Stihls bound for Africa. Some serious cutting going on somewhere down there. (Guy picking them up, not mailed.) The dealer was opening each, making sure they started and the oiler was working and then reboxing them. Impressive stack of boxes for one order.

Once I got down there it became clear since Husky has no return policy and since I took away a new saw that they could sell to anyone and came back with a used saw that would be harder to sell and they would get less money (although only one tank through it), some money was going to have to be added to the return to make them happy. It's fair really, except that even they didn't know that the limit on the 3120 was 9.6 or 7k (although they know now and will certainly tell the next guy that asks....)

So it opened up the whole question of what to do right now, given that I was going to take a bit of a beating on the saw and had just bought a 50 inch Cannon bar to go with the Husky. Once I was faced with the reality of the dollars, I realized I should consider either learning to live with it or maybe trying to get it changed to limit lower, where I thought I would probably really like the saw (maybe new coil, or coil and flywheel).

Whoa, I'm losing the connettion.....

OH MY.......................................

(sigh)......................

The saga continues for another two weeks.

Carefull Bill will need a leather jacket to go with his new 880

That the hip thing these days, accessorizing....right?

The third pic was 50 inch Cannon and 41 inch ES. Too dark now, but tonight I'll see if I need to add any links to the 156 dl chain I spun for the 3120 and take it to the woods tomorrow.

ANDY???????
ANDY??????????????/
DID YOU SEE THIS ANDY?

WOW!!!! I feel like a proud papa!!!!!:clap: :clap:

LOLROF My wife happened to see this one as well and it cracked her up, especially the small print. Insert cigar smoking smilie here....

Last edited:
She will like your new Harley ..............:clap: :clap:

She already refers to me as a knucklehead...**

Actually the brothers in my family that ride all ride beemers. Boxers and oilheads. One brother took a trip from Canada to the very tip of South America and back (through Columbia and the whole deal) a few years ago on a GS he built up. Spent a week riding at over 14,000 feet in the Andies, I think it was.

How do you say potato, potato,potato in German?

** For those unfamiliar with Harley motors, they include fond names like knuckle heads, pan heads, shovel heads, etc.

Last edited:
Back