880 vs 3120 stock (YAEVTT)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one month....Maybe I can start cutiting down alders in the back and cutting them up the long way..

Already tached it at the store (learned my lesson there, should have done it with the new 3120.....). She'll never see 12,300 on my watch...

You know, I spaced out on getting some full comp .063 square while there. I knew there was more I should have gotten while there.....a couple long loops.

Actually I expect the skip to work well on the 880 on the bigger bars. I would expect the 880 to pull the 41 like my 066 pulls the 32 (smallest bar it's ever run) - like crazy. Sad little 066 will probably never get to run the 42 again now that the 880 has moved into the roost.

It's been an interesting saga so far. I would have really like the 3120 if it's nads weren't so clipped. I think it gets a bum rap, exept for that. Have your heard about the new 3125Xp non rev limited with adjustable HS jet? Pretty amazing....

Hope it works out well for you.

And to think, SRN still hasn't bought a saw!

Last edited:
I'm in no bi hurry to buy another saw. I want one, yes, but don't really need it. Hell, no more than I have been cutting, I don't really need one this year!!
But when I have made my decision, I wil share the news with all!!
And on that note, I'd better get to bed!! Get to go in at 6am, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats after being on call from 4am till 8pm today!!!

I'll stick to my 084.................Till I find the need to buy another big saw....Im buying smaller saws at this time....:dizzy: :dizzy:

You get to run them more, so in a way smaller saws are more fun.

Since I got a couple 7900s, there is no other small saw I would rather run. In a way it took some of the fun out it.

I maintain you should get a Pro Sharp. You will wonder how you lived without it!

Unless you are redprospector and can do such an amazing handfiled square! As I sharpened up a 156 dl chain tonight in prep for war tomorrow, I was again in awe of how purty the teeth he hand files are.

Last edited:
Back